Sponsored

New UK member

The Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2.0L
Hi guys, saying hi to everyone, just bought a new JLU 2.0L Rubi. Both wife and I have had our eyes peeled for a good deal last couple of years (or colours not to our taste) but they were way too expensive when you are looking at 2.1K car tax on top of the purchase price.

However, strangely, after discussing it, the very next day I found an advert for a brand new Sting-gray 2.0L Rubi @44k including first year tax. Unfortunately that meant getting rid of our beloved 2.8 CRD JK Sport (maybe the last Sport manual in the country - 28th Dec 2010 face lift JK). Got an ok deal on that ( it depreciated only 50% in nearly 10 years of service and going of on one, still has its original battery!) That JK only cost 21k, wow have they gone up since FIAT group took over!

Anyway, 1100 miles on the Rubi, nothing to report apart from we are loving it, that engine is brilliant and getting 28 miles to the gallon on one trip around the Highlands (we live there and the Jeeps are used when going up into the mountains when it snows) Only mod (so far) is Rigid D-SS floods. Would like a steel front bumper, no surprise there. Not sure on boots yet, we will see how those KM2's stack up in the snow\ice. As usual, parts are hard to come by and double the price of the USA. I'm hoping when we leave the EU, we will see prices drop for import. Sunrider top on the cards next year to.

Jeep Wrangler JL New UK member RUBI

Jealous as hell with the USA members, got sooo many places they can go off road, camp, fish and in the 'sticks' away from it all. Highlands, Scotland is the nearest but hardly no off roading trails and all owned by the 'gentry' so no frickin fresh water fishing or access...sucks.
Sponsored

lohr500

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 2.2 MultiJet Diesel
Very nice. Good to see another UK Sting Gray Rubi on the roads. Mine's a 2018 diesel.
Sponsored