First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2004 L J
Occupation
Director of IT
I just plugged my VIN into the Uconnect site for checking for updates and fully expected to get the only result I have ever gotten which is "Your Uconnect is up to date". But just now it popped up with an available update? I am downloading as I type and it is 9.95 GB in size. While it downloads I checked out the install documentation and I got to tell you it sounds risky at best. It almost reads like this should not be available unless you are an authorized dealer? Anyone ever done the download and install instead of the FOTA?
I think I will wait to see if this has been successfully performed before.

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 8.38.20 PM.png
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I just plugged my VIN into the Uconnect site for checking for updates and fully expected to get the only result I have ever gotten which is "Your Uconnect is up to date". But just now it popped up with an available update? I am downloading as I type and it is 9.95 GB in size. While it downloads I checked out the install documentation and I got to tell you it sounds risky at best. It almost reads like this should not be available unless you are an authorized dealer? Anyone ever done the download and install instead of the FOTA?

I’m going to check mine here in a bit. The dealership said that it IS doable via thumb drive just to follow the instructions..?? I have not done it but if there is one for mine I will haha

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
My '18 JL VIN shows a uconnect update is available. I'm going to have the dealership do the update ... too many things to go wrong with unconnect. JL has 8.4 screen.

Thanks to @jravin for posting this. I have many minor uconnect issues and have been waiting for over 6 months for a new unconnect release. :like:

Last edited:

ralphgb

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
I checked my '18 VIN and no update. Maybe it's only for vehicles with certain features? I have the 7" UConnect system.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone who's not already aware... this was also posted in some of the other Uconnect sub-threads

upload_2019-6-14_19-30-9.png

Sponsored

Csmith264

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL
Glad I found this thread. I ran the update and it installed the off road pages on my 2018

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
jravin,

Could you upload this update to my dropbox if I provide you a link?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe

LanceM

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bigredpawdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 2d
Occupation
System Admin
Some of us have upgraded our 5 and 7 inch to 8.4 and need the file. Thanks for looking out for everyone, but some of us are special...

AgentTML

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (2018), Honda Pilot Touring (2010), Ford C-Max SEL (2013)

Thank you for posting this! I just checked my VIN and there is an update

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Bit of advice before downloading the update: my VIN came up on the site and I downloaded the file. When I went to apply the update, I got a message that I was already updated. So, check which version is on your Jeep before you waste your time with the update, regardless of whether your VIN is flagged or not.

AgentTML

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for posting this! I just checked my VIN and there is an update
I was able to download the file and followed their instructions to update my system. I now have ORP with this update. After update, I turn off car then turn it back on and see that there is some sort of "background" or "underlayer" of the text or screen that says it is in the updating process. After a while, it seemed to be less visible. Will see how the new software performs in the next few days.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I was able to download the file and followed their instructions to update my system. I now have ORP with this update. After update, I turn off car then turn it back on and see that there is some sort of "background" or "underlayer" of the text or screen that says it is in the updating process. After a while, it seemed to be less visible. Will see how the new software performs in the next few days.
If you read the instructions completely before the update, you should have seen that this is a known part of the update process. For anyone else performing the update, it's the NOTE on page 9 of the service bulletin. You can see the example in the photo below.

Capture.PNG

IMG_20190603_225903.jpg

AgentTML

First Name
Tri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you read the instructions completely before the update, you should have seen that this is a known part of the update process. For anyone else performing the update, it's the NOTE on page 9 of the service bulletin. You can see the example in the photo below.

Capture.PNG

IMG_20190603_225903.jpg
Thank you, I didn't read all the way to the end. And yes, the ghost image did disappear this morning :).

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else had any problems with this update? Thinking of doing it myself, (after I check which version I already have).
Sponsored