Uconnect order

EggSuckingLeech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Has anyone figured out the right way to connect your Android phone to avoid connection errors? I figured out that Uconnect requires bluetooth (in addition to the cable) and I THINK you need to wait for the bluetooth connection before you connect the cable to minimize errors. I know you should use the OEM cable which I do.

I see different errors. Sometimes a connection error. Sometimes a verification on the phone to approve Contacts downloading. Sometimes nothing and all works. I find if I first let the phone connect via bluetooth then I don't get the Approval request. If I remote start and then connect the cable, I get a connection error.

Anyway it's very confusing and I haven't figured out the right dance and incantation that works every time.
Sponsored

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
I have an S8+ and plug/unplug at will from a full blown CarPlay perspective and Bluetooth syncs fine from a phone call w/o cable perspective. Never had an issue since day 1 (end of May) with it. Sounds like yours may not like your phone or may have actual issues with the head unit .... ???

OP
OP

EggSuckingLeech

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Maybe. I use Android Auto (not Apple Carplay). Bluetooth works fine. Only have issues when plugging it in but I haven't narrowed it down to what exactly it is
Sponsored