Cindjw

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Clubs

Yesterday I installed tail light guards on my 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL. It involved taking the lights out and disconnecting them in order to put the guards on. All went great. When I started my Jeep this morning, my whole Uconnect/Infotainment/Climate Control STOPPED WORKING. Black screen can't turn it on. I checked the F97 fuse. Took it out and put it back. It made the Jeep Logo flash on the screen and then nothing again. No air/heat, radio, backup camera. And one other thing is that my drivers side blind spot indicator is lite on my rear view mirror constantly and doesn't work on the passenger side at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think the Mod install is a coincidence but I guess it could be. HELP!
Sponsored

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Go recheck your wiring from yesterday ...just a guess.
And check all your fuses for breakage and that they're all seated.

OP
OP
Cindjw

Cindjw

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Yes, checking the tail light connections will be next on my list when I get home. I checked the "half sat" fuses quickly but will go through them all again. Thanks for your input Walter. Fingers crossed!!

Rashid bin Ali

First Name
Rashid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jl unlimited Sahara 3.6
Yesterday I installed tail light guards on my 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL. It involved taking the lights out and disconnecting them in order to put the guards on. All went great. When I started my Jeep this morning, my whole Uconnect/Infotainment/Climate Control STOPPED WORKING. Black screen can't turn it on. I checked the F97 fuse. Took it out and put it back. It made the Jeep Logo flash on the screen and then nothing again. No air/heat, radio, backup camera. And one other thing is that my drivers side blind spot indicator is lite on my rear view mirror constantly and doesn't work on the passenger side at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't think the Mod install is a coincidence but I guess it could be. HELP!
How did you solve this issue?

Mposey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
Curious if/how you solved this? I have the same exact thing (after changing taillights) right now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cindjw

Cindjw

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Curious if/how you solved this? I have the same exact thing (after changing taillights) right now.
Hi Mike,
I solved it by not installing the taillight guards and putting everything back the way it was. Be careful with the white plastic clips that hold the taillights they break very easy, found that out the hard way! It was a weekend so dealer parts department was closed. Couldn't put the lights back without the clip, had to wait to get them before driving again.

Mposey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
Hi Mike,
I solved it by not installing the taillight guards and putting everything back the way it was. Be careful with the white plastic clips that hold the taillights they break very easy, found that out the hard way! It was a weekend so dealer parts department was closed. Couldn't put the lights back without the clip, had to wait to get them before driving again.
Thank you for the reply! I didn’t quite understand how that would work, but I was willing to try it. Low and behold when I removed the taillight covers, I saw that I had pinched one of the taillight wires and exposed the wire which was rubbing on the metal of the taillight cover. I taped it up, re-attached and everything came back on the screen and climate control console! Appreciate your reply as ot pushed me in the right direction.
Sponsored