Sponsored

Infotainment.com unit not working after steering TSB

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
One year ago I upgraded the infotainment unit from 5' to 8.4', through infotainment.com. I also bought the climate controls.
When the dealer performed TSB 08-074-20 (replacement of the steering gear) and updated the steering software, I lost any climate option: it just wouldn't turn on. I have used the OBD genie again and now I can turn climate off and choose the fan speed, but the temperature controls don't work and I am still seeing the single-zone temperature vs the dual-zone graphic.
Has anyone with the infotainment.com unit performed the TSB? Did you encounter the same issue?
Thanks!

info.jpeg
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It seems that your battery was disconnected. Let the radio sit, with the vehicle off, for at least 48 hours. All the radio features and controls should return. These radios are tied to the vehicle's CANBUS and need time to re-learn what features the vehicle has in it.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
This is similar behavior I saw when I first put my 8.4" radio in. Since they reset your computer/battery it's likely relearning everything like the poster above said.

mvsjeepin

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18JLUR, 21JLUR
I had steering TSB done last week and lost navigation when I picked jeep up from dealer. I have yet another appt. on friday.

OP
OP
johnbyron

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
I have let the car "sleep" for 2 hours and after that the climate is working 100%. I haven't checked navigation (which I realize was missing in my previous screenshot), I will let you know.

Sponsored

mvsjeepin

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18JLUR, 21JLUR
Mine has been sleeping for 5 days and the nav still states I’m a couple miles away from where it actually is.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Mine has been sleeping for 5 days and the nav still states I’m a couple miles away from where it actually is.
Your profile shows two Jeeps. Which one is it? I'm willing to bet it's the '18. If your nav is off by that much, the aircard is probably dead and the entire unit needs replacement. If you've still got a warranty on it, I'd get it taken care of at a dealership.

OP
OP
johnbyron

johnbyron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
Just checked navigation. Seems to be working fine (not that I use it much).

mvsjeepin

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18JLUR, 21JLUR
Your profile shows two Jeeps. Which one is it? I'm willing to bet it's the '18. If your nav is off by that much, the aircard is probably dead and the entire unit needs replacement. If you've still got a warranty on it, I'd get it taken care of at a dealership.
It is the 18. Warranty expires in a month. I have appt tomorrow, so I’ll see what sealer says.
Sponsored