Uconnect 7" screen flicker

moisesj23

First Name
Moises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Trying to get a hold of the dealer, but does anyone know if this means you can go to the dealer now to get it fixed or wait until August 2021 to get it fixed?
Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Trying to get a hold of the dealer, but does anyone know if this means you can go to the dealer now to get it fixed or wait until August 2021 to get it fixed?
Good one, I believe that is the bulletin #, but would not be surprised if a dealer says they cannot do anything until then...

Alienwrcsshop

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Eco-Diesel Black Clearcoat
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
From my understanding you can check your VIN number for an update on https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html if one is available it is possible to upload the file directly on your own from home, or do it from a dealership. The link tells you how to conduct the update from home.

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I would hope that is a typo, as Iā€™m not waiting until August 2021 to have an update put through. Iā€™ve never had any luck with the Uconnect website letting me install myself, itā€™s always ā€œyouā€™re up to dateā€.

Hopefully either your dealer will update you or @JeepCares can help clarify the date discrepancy in TSB for the 2018 model

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
I would hope that is a typo, as Iā€™m not waiting until August 2021 to have an update put through. Iā€™ve never had any luck with the Uconnect website letting me install myself, itā€™s always ā€œyouā€™re up to dateā€.

Hopefully either your dealer will update you or @JeepCares can help clarify the date discrepancy in TSB for the 2018 model
I think that was a typo as it should have read August 2020.

This bulletin supersedes Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 08-084-19 REV. A, date of issue August 20, 2021, which should be removed from your files.
Clearly, this should read August 20, 2020, since they are telling the dealers to remove it from their files.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

I think that was a typo as it should have read August 2020.

Clearly, this should read August 20, 2020, since they are telling the dealers to remove it from their files.

Hello,
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I've forwarded this to the appropriate team to have the year updated. We apologize for any confusion. To clarify, you can get this TSB applied now. You do not have to wait until August 2021.

Lydia
Jeep Cares

moisesj23

First Name
Moises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Iā€™m at the dealer and they confirmed the update on the radio unit. Iā€™ve been at the dealer four hours. They have to download the file from a central repository and push it to the jeep. If I knew this, I would have come back for it later, this is insane.

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m at the dealer and they confirmed the update on the radio unit. Iā€™ve been at the dealer four hours. They have to download the file from a central repository and push it to the jeep. If I knew this, I would have come back for it later, this is insane.
It would be nice if we were able to download the update to a zip and install ourselves as that 4 hr wait is pretty crazy.

Would be interested to hear if the update did the trick for you.

moisesj23

First Name
Moises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
It would be nice if we were able to download the update to a zip and install ourselves as that 4 hr wait is pretty crazy.

Would be interested to hear if the update did the trick for you.
I haven't driven it for an extended amount of time since the upgrade, but have yet to see the screen flicker.

Alienwrcsshop

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Eco-Diesel Black Clearcoat
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't driven it for an extended amount of time since the upgrade, but have yet to see the screen flicker.
Exciting, fingers crossed. I attempted to check the VIN on the mopar site...supposedly no updates available. So wishful thinking on my part that was going to be an easy route for a fix. Dealership it is..

Sponsored

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have my appointment scheduled for the 26th. Weā€™ll see how it goes. If this updates does the trick, I donā€™t want to see another update unless it expands the size of the screen dashboard.

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got back from the dealership. Had tires rotated, oil change and TSB 08-017-21 performed. Took around 2 hrs for the software update to download to usb and upload into the Jeep. On the 20min ride home, I did not see carplay glitch. Will have to take a spirited ride to give it a real test, but so far, so good!

lindseylou

First Name
Lindsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler SPORT S JLU
Hello,
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I've forwarded this to the appropriate team to have the year updated. We apologize for any confusion. To clarify, you can get this TSB applied now. You do not have to wait until August 2021.

Lydia
Jeep Cares
So I bring this to my dealership and they act like they have no idea what Iā€™m talking about, they keep my Jeep for hours and then when I go to pick it up they say they canā€™t replicate the issue. Why does the issue need to be replicated if Iā€™m telling them itā€™s doing it.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Glad to hear thereā€™s a fix for this. Iā€™ve been having this issue since new, and Iā€™m getting close to 36k.

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
Jeep cares is telling me that thereā€™s no tsb now for this.. wtf is going on, Iā€™m tired of them telling me one thing and giving me the run around.
Sponsored