Uconnect 7" screen flicker

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
Just got back from the dealership. Had tires rotated, oil change and TSB 08-017-21 performed. Took around 2 hrs for the software update to download to usb and upload into the Jeep. On the 20min ride home, I did not see carplay glitch. Will have to take a spirited ride to give it a real test, but so far, so good!
What year is your car?

Advertisement

DOCXKT

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER JL UNLIMITED SAHARA
I’m at the dealer and they confirmed the update on the radio unit. I’ve been at the dealer four hours. They have to download the file from a central repository and push it to the jeep. If I knew this, I would have come back for it later, this is insane.
What year is your car?

Alienwrcsshop

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Eco-Diesel Black Clearcoat
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
UPDATE:

Had the update installed last night on the 2020 JLUD Ecodiesel. Drove the vehicle last night and for a forty minute ride into work today. No flickering observed.

I printed the TSB documents posted by Jeep cares on a previous post on this thread, highlighting vehicle make, model, year, issues observed, TSB document/file number. I also printed the notes about the date error on the document that we identified initially here. I Left the jeep overnight, picked it up in the morning without issue. No issues observed so far. Note dealer said it is incredibly complicated finding specific TSBs in the system and cited that printing the paperwork ahead of the drop off made it a lot easier for them. May want to try this route as a best practice.

JeepCares

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello everyone--

I'm super sorry to hear about the experience some of you are having while trying to get these concerns resolved. If any of you would like additional support while working alongside your dealers to ensure that this is properly addressed, please do not hesitate to send our @JeepCares team a private message.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

Alienwrcsshop

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Eco-Diesel Black Clearcoat
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Its been since 3/19, I have had no more issues with the screen flickering devilry since the update.

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Its been since 3/19, I have had no more issues with the screen flickering devilry since the update.
Haven't been using the Jeep as much since I am WFH, but from the short trips I have been making, I have not seen any glitching on the screen. :fingerscrossed:

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement