Sponsored

Center Display Flickers (not the UConnect screen)

TLaF

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL; 2009 Ford Mustang
I own a 2018 JL. My center display (speed, gas mileage, etc.) started flickering about 3 weeks ago (early Dec) to the point of nearly going dark. I was able to get video while at a stop light and made an appointment at my local Jeep dealership. Of course the mechanic wasn't able to recreate the problem (do they ever??) but since I had video, they ordered a new display, which hasn't arrived yet (no surprise there). Has anyone else had this problem, which is not UConnect related? It doesn't do it every time I drive but just starts randomly.

In the image, you can see the weird colored line through the 0 and that the PRN letters are shaded out. I couldn't get the video to send through my phone but what you see in the pic is during a flicker.

I am posting this because I don't 100% trust the Jeep dealership service department but they are the only one locally, the others are 45 minutes to an hour drive of me. I'd like to go armed with information should a new display not do the trick. Thank you for any and all input!

Screenshot_20201228-115400.png
Sponsored