Sponsored

Uconnect 7" screen flicker

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Update: Took the jeep back two more times for the flicker, Ourisman Jeep in Clarksville MD acknowledged and observed the issue. Plugged it into the system and said no error codes are populating and that they cannot get approval to replace without that. Submitted a ticket through their engineering team for an exception but was denied due to a patch coming in Q1 2021. When asked if the patch corrected the issue of flickering screen, Dealership stated that they do not have access to the patch notes but were told by the engineering ticket process that they cannot make any changes until the new patch gets pushed. If it still exists after the push then they will re-evaluate. Not holding my breath since they weren't even able to say if the flickering fix was part of the patch.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Alienwrcsshop

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Eco-Diesel Black Clearcoat
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm very sorry to hear this. Have you had a case open for this concern? If not, I would be happy to help! Please send us a private message.

Alison
Jeep Cares
I have Allison, multiple...This has been an ongoing issue since I bought the vehicle in September.

moisesj23

First Name
Moises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I have Allison, multiple...This has been an ongoing issue since I bought the vehicle in September.
I have yet to see any real traction from Jeep Cares or my expectations are too high. I've seen initial responses of engaging them if you haven't, but given that you have multiple times and the issue is still happening, is that where their customer support on this issue ends. :/

Alienwrcsshop

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have yet to see any real traction from Jeep Cares or my expectations are too high. I've seen initial responses of engaging them if you haven't, but given that you have multiple times and the issue is still happening, is that where their customer support on this issue ends. :/
Spot on. Very quick to ask if you have reported to Jeep Cares, but In all honestly the 10 plus times i've engaged with them it is more than clear they really could care less. They closed my ticket out without even following up with me and sent me a customer satisfaction survey which I bombed them on. Didn't even get a reply in response to a terrible customer satisfaction survey, most support teams or customer services companies would be all over a terrible satisfaction survey...not jeep cares.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
2019 JLUR just experienced the flickering issue on my 7ā€ Uconnect screen while using CarPlay. Also tried both media ports same issue.

surprised this hasnā€™t been fixed (well maybe not that surprised) since the first posting back in 6/20.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me your case number?

Alison
Jeep Cares

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi everyone, Recently there were three Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that appears to address concerns similar to the symptoms that you are having with your vehicle. To ensure these TSBs apply, we would like to get you back into the dealer to have a qualified technician review the details of the TSB and the specifics of your vehicle. Once reviewed, the technician can then perform the repair procedure that best matches the symptoms and diagnosis of your vehicle.

08-017-21 for the MY18
08-016-21 for the MY19
08-015-21 for the MY20

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Alison
Jeep Cares

moisesj23

First Name
Moises
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Hi everyone, Recently there were three Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) that appears to address concerns similar to the symptoms that you are having with your vehicle. To ensure these TSBs apply, we would like to get you back into the dealer to have a qualified technician review the details of the TSB and the specifics of your vehicle. Once reviewed, the technician can then perform the repair procedure that best matches the symptoms and diagnosis of your vehicle.

08-017-21 for the MY18
08-016-21 for the MY19
08-015-21 for the MY20

Alison
Jeep Cares
Do you have a link to these TSBs? Reading them prior to scheduling a couple of hours at the dealer would be helpful. Thanks

Alienwrcsshop

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

08-017-21 for the MY18
08-016-21 for the MY19
08-015-21 for the MY20

Alison
Jeep Cares
Thank you Allison, Similar request as the poster above. I appreciate you digging into this!

Sponsored

bwilly622

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Hi Allison @JeepCares,

Any update on us seeing the suggested TSB documents? I am very interested in setting up an appointment to have the dealer correct the issue.

08-017-21 for the MY18
08-016-21 for the MY19
08-015-21 for the MY20

Thank you

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
I have the Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display with Alpine and recently have noticed that when using Google Maps (via Car Play) the screen will flicker during navigation, not the whole screen just parts of the map and usually, my observation, during a transition such as a turn or intersection crossing etc. Additionally I have recently noticed that at times, and this is rare, the sound greatly increases, then decrease suddenly for no reason.

I'll start a new thread if needed but was wondering if others have seen this. Will be taking it to dealer but I am sure I'll get the "we didn't see it" response as I did with the steering issue.

Alienwrcsshop

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" Display with Alpine and recently have noticed that when using Google Maps (via Car Play) the screen will flicker during navigation, not the whole screen just parts of the map and usually, my observation, during a transition such as a turn or intersection crossing etc. Additionally I have recently noticed that at times, and this is rare, the sound greatly increases, then decrease suddenly for no reason.

I'll start a new thread if needed but was wondering if others have seen this. Will be taking it to dealer but I am sure I'll get the "we didn't see it" response as I did with the steering issue.

Good luck! The flickering i'm getting is very quick, blink and you miss it. Hopefully we get the TSB documents listed above. I ended up taking my jeep 4-5 times before they would even acknowledge the issue existed. Never able to replicate it though. Jeep Engineers stated they wouldn't replace without replication.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Here are all of the TSBs. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thank you,
Lydia
Jeep Cares

08-017-21 for the MY18:
Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect 7" screen flicker 1612888476891

Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect 7" screen flicker 1612888493252

08-016-21 for the MY19
Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect 7" screen flicker 1612888515918

Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect 7" screen flicker 1612888532663

08-015-21 for the MY20
Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect 7" screen flicker 1612888568914

Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect 7" screen flicker 1612888582405

Alienwrcsshop

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Here are all of the TSBs. Please let us know if you need any assistance.

Thank you,
Lydia
Jeep Cares

08-017-21 for the MY18:

08-016-21 for the MY19

08-015-21 for the MY20