Sponsored

Two options for my Jeep replacement.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
For those who missed it, this happened to me: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...for-my-willys-but-im-fine.71257/#post-1489919

My dealer just called me minutes ago. He offered me two options to replace my beloved '21 Willys that got smashed by a semi.

1- A Sarge green 6MT 2DR Sport S
I like this option. It's getting painted at the factory next week and it's a dealership order from another place in Quebec. Could work for a trade. It'd be in Quebec in about 3 months or so. About the same options as I had, except it would have an "evolved Security Package" with adapting cruise control.

2- A Sarge green diesel Gladiator Sport S
Now when I shopped the Willys, I really was interested in a Gladiator too. I ended up going for the Willys because I don't need a truck. But hey...it's not because I don't need a truck that I don't want a truck. That'd be produced next month and would arrive in Quebec in about five.

But. Since it's significantly (is that how you write it?...sorry for my bad english) more expensive, i'd have to start a new financing. And i'm not quite sure the diesel is bullet proof reliable like the Pentastar.

So, dilemma...
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Oooh. Tough choices there. If I got a Gladiator, I would want the diesel.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Two completely different choices... Almost like picking between government and private healthcare options.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I think one thread talking about it is more than enough, hence the reason why I started a new one ;) .
I knew when I read your OP, it would be political when you mentioned your hospital bill was covered because you're Canadian.

Personally, I picked the 2 door Jeep and private healthcare ;)

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I knew when I read your OP, it would be political when you mentioned your hospital bill was covered because you're Canadian.

Personally, I picked the 2 door Jeep and private healthcare ;)
You didn't pick: you were born with it.
Or maybe it's Maybelline...

Lesson learned for mentionning the cool stuff we have in Canada.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I would stay away from the Gladiator. It is too long to offroad well, but the bed is too short to make up for it with truck capabilities. The rated towing capacity is decent, but it is not fun to tow with.
This is based on reviews and my brother-in-law’s experience, so nothing authoritative. He gave up and switched back to a wrangler. Find a used pickup if you need truck capabilities with the savings.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I'd go with the 1st option without a doubt!!! Manual baby!!! has to be a manual!

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I would stay away from the Gladiator. It is too long to offroad well, but the bed is too short to make up for it with truck capabilities. The rated towing capacity is decent, but it is not fun to tow with.
This is based on reviews and my brother-in-law’s experience, so nothing authoritative. He gave up and switched back to a wrangler. Find a used pickup if you need truck capabilities with the savings.
I really don't need a truck. I just think they're f'n cool. In fact, the first weeks of ownership would be me with the owner's manual trying to figure out how to truck and going "aaaaah, that's clever".

I'd go with the 1st option without a doubt!!! Manual baby!!! has to be a manual!
Just imagine how i'd run to the dealership (slowly because i'm still hurt, dammit) if they offered a 6MT diesel...

Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Wow...quite the opposites there. I'd got for #1 solely based on manual trans, but I'd also much prefer the 2DR over the Gladiator, given its ~47 feet shorter in length (+/- :giggle:) than the Gladiator. But that's just my two cents.

Either way, glad you came out in one piece. I can sympathize with the "pleasure" of totalling a brand new vehicle...mine was a Colorado ZR2...month old and ~1,100 miles at the time. Guy turned across traffic in front of me and I T-boned him. Not a fun situation.

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
All right, I made the call: Sport S it will be. It's quite the same as my dead Willys, except for the shocks and the A/T. Anyway, I could strap my A/Ts when I want to: they're still in my garage.

It's just my spare one that was still in the back of my Willys that was completly crushed in the accident.

Yeah. I'm reading about the EcoDiesel problems on the forum and i'm really not sure about it, still...

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I really don't need a truck. I just think they're f'n cool. In fact, the first weeks of ownership would be me with the owner's manual trying to figure out how to truck and going "aaaaah, that's clever".
Not to mention there would be a greater distance between you and the next truck that rear ends you!

(Sorry if it's too soon but sometimes you just have to find something to laugh about)

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Not to mention there would be a greater distance between you and the next truck that rear ends you!

(Sorry if it's too soon but sometimes you just have to find something to laugh about)
That's about my first real laugh in 48 hours. Thanks!
Sponsored