Turn signal lights

Jeep2018jl

First Name
Samsung
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl
Hi I just replaced my fenders for aftermarket fenders. And I try to install the turn signal lights. When I take off the bulb and I installed the new lights for the fenders. Show on display turn signals off. It’s any adapter to install to prevent this situation
Sponsored

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Perhaps stop drinking alcohol and sober up. Try again tomorrow.
If alcohol explained his nonsensical message, it would probably make sense to me, because I am drinking alcohol. It does not. Maybe if I do another shot, it will finally make sense? 🍻

Sponsored

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
At least he posted it more than once 😂

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Hi I just replaced my fenders for aftermarket fenders. And I try to install the turn signal lights. When I take off the bulb and I installed the new lights for the fenders. Show on display turn signals off. It’s any adapter to install to prevent this situation
Ok I’m not going to bash the op, since he just joined I’ll welcome him and try to answer the questions.
From reading your post I assume you bought a jeep and wanted to change the fender flares and the lights are giving you problems. I believe the Jeep had halogen lights and you are trying to hook up LED’s, yes the Jeep will have the “turn signal out” display in the dash.

You will need to change the settings for the lights to LED to clear that error. There are several programmers that can accomplish these changes, do a search for Tazer, JScan or Flashcal as they all can make these changes, I personally use the JScan app as it is reasonably priced.
The Programmer forum is located Here and the lighting section is Here
Gregj
Edit to add: some people use resistors to fix this, I personally don’t like that solution.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

I’m sure someone on here will come up with the answer to your question once they are done drinking.

Edit: looks like the poster above just did!
Sponsored