joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Check to see if the Tazer JL can turn them off
I hear you. Tazer JL can currently delete them so they staybiff all the time, but I can actually add code sontjat they turn off while runnung - I’ll make it so if you dial down both the interior lighting and the footwell summers to zero, the halos will turn off. Does that work? I’ll add it to my list.

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I hear you. Tazer JL can currently delete them so they staybiff all the time, but I can actually add code sontjat they turn off while runnung - I’ll make it so if you dial down both the interior lighting and the footwell summers to zero, the halos will turn off. Does that work? I’ll add it to my list.
Boom. Product support at its finest.

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Joe, Sent you a PM.

Ledpaddle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Anyone have an update to this? I’m still trying to figure out how I could have it just for the radio but no lights on at all.
I like driving my Jeep around on my farm at night, sometimes, under the starlight. Especially true in winter snow and moonlight. I am finding it impossible to turn off all the forward facing lights. I think it is the halo that stays on. I wonder if there is a way to rewire the halo lights? Maybe, put the halos on one of the four auxiliary switches? I don't know how to begin solving this problem.

Sponsored

Ledpaddle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
That would be perfect. How will I know when that feature is available on Tazer?

donnyb313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
So it is not possible to turn off the halos?

I'd like to be able to turn off all of my lights. Why don't these engineers understand the meaning of "off"

and when I do turn the headlights to off, the dash/instrument lights and Uconnect 8.4 goes to full brightness, it is BLINDING! The dimmer knob has no effect once the headlights are switched to off..?

Last edited:

Uncreative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
accountant
So it is not possible to turn off the halos?

I'd like to be able to turn off all of my lights. Why don't these engineers understand the meaning of "off"

and when I do turn the headlights to off, the dash/instrument lights and Uconnect 8.4 goes to full brightness, it is BLINDING! The dimmer knob has no effect once the headlights are switched to off..?
it assumes if you don't need headlights, it must be daylight so it makes the dash daylight bright :/

donnyb313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
it assumes if you don't need headlights, it must be daylight so it makes the dash daylight bright :/
I spoke with Joe at Zautomotive Sounds like he is eventually going to add the capability to dim the dash to the TazerJL.

Uncreative

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
accountant
I spoke with Joe at Zautomotive Sounds like he is eventually going to add the capability to dim the dash to the TazerJL.
sounds like our dealer service guy lied to me about availability of aftermarket programmers. I'll check out this Tazer thingy soon, thanks!

Sponsored

Bskarpa

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Has anyone been able to figure this out yet? I still can't get mine to go off either.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Tazer “dark mode” has been implemented and will be in the 11.0.7 release.
Does dark mode include not being blinded by the dash and screen when the car is turned off?

joe@zauto

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler rubicon unlimited
Does dark mode include not being blinded by the dash and screen when the car is turned off?
Yes, but you can actually even turn the exterior lights on the make all the interior be dim and still kill all outside lights.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Just rewire the halos to the drls, they don’t draw much power
Sponsored