Sponsored

Turn off halos when parked?

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Yes, but you can actually even turn the exterior lights on the make all the interior be dim and still kill all outside lights.
Awesome, thanks for confirming.
Sponsored

AdamRav

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018
Yes, but you can actually even turn the exterior lights on the make all the interior be dim and still kill all outside lights.
Joe,

Will Dark Mode work in Drive? We need this feature for night vision hunting feral hog eradication. I just received my JL Taser and about to upgrading to 11.0.7 and hoping Dark Mode will be working in Drive.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Joe,

Will Dark Mode work in Drive? We need this feature for night vision hunting feral hog eradication. I just received my JL Taser and about to upgrading to 11.0.7 and hoping Dark Mode will be working in Drive.
@AdamRav

I suggest you do not, upgrade your Tazer JL Mini to the current beta firmware.

Final Release Firmware 11.0.8, will be made available in the next few days. So, do wait for 11.0.8.

Do install your Tazer JL Mini and work with it.. There is a slight learning curve. Familiarize yourself with the Mini and how it deals with your JL.

DO read the User Guide and pay very very close attention to where it talks about "Full Reboot". Knowing how to do a Full Reboot is a must!

Now, about you firmware upgrade.. DO always unmarry the Tazer JL Mini, before you hook up the Tazer JL Mini to your computer to do the firmware update.

Important:

ALWAYS, unmarry your Tazer JL Mini and remove it from the JL when you are going to be taking the JL to the dealer.....otherwise, if you don't... the dealer may wipe out your changes, which isn’t really an issue because you can still set them again, but if they do an update which changes the BCM config, and you’re not unmarried, when you finally do unmarry .... you’ll be erasing what the dealer just applied.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Does dark mode only work when car is running? I put it in dark mode but when I turned it off the lights started lighting up again. Was trying to watch the starts and people get in and out of car to see them which activates lights.

Sponsored

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
Joe,

Did you ever discover if Dark Mode works while in Drive?

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL SportS
Hopefully this is helpful to some without a taser, programmer, etc. When I take the fam to the drive-in movie, I turn the headlight knob all the way left to off position, turn off DRLs in the lighting menu, and remove fuse F26 (to kill the halos). This way I can leave the Jeep running and not have any exterior lighting to bother the other movie goers.

However, when the movie is over you’ll need to put the fuse back in before driving off, otherwise headlights won’t work.