Tuffy Tailgate Box/table?

PA JLUR

First Name
Cos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the Tuffy installed and am overall happy with it. Purchased to secure laptop when making stops to and from work. I had to add some rubber fuel line to the upper edge of the door to stop vibration noise. Also had to modify my after market Quadratec cargo area floor liner in order for the door to close without obstruction. Like others I added some rubber to the interior shelf bottoms to keep my items from sitting on metal. I modified a cheap black rubber cushioned kitchen floor mat from Walmart for the shelf liner. Overall, very happy. Easy install.
Sponsored

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Have it an LOVE IT! Works great for a table (head the max load warning though. Broke one of the cables being a d***head and way overweighting ours.

We combined ours with the tuffy security deck and feel pretty secure with a soft top in Honolulu (breakins are crazy here)

I'm planning a trip to Maui in April and am renting a Jeep. Should I be concerned with a break-in? Maybe I should just get a regular sedan instead. Hate to have to explain a damaged soft top because of a break in to the rental company.

OP
OP
roaniecowpony

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My JL came with the Trail Rail system, so it looks like I have to go with the Mopar table.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Tuff security box in my JLR which plus my top is always off (no soft top). Add to that I use the Jeep to go biking in open parking lot for hours. So have a fighting chance of protection..... Table is a bonus.

I should said I took off the plastic cover before installing box. Also drilled a few more holes in box to hold box to tailgate. Some times stuff make noise driving over bumps.

For those who see my top is on, just got the Jeep and had ordered the Tuff before the Jeep came... and put it on.

IMG_2232.jpeg

IMG_2233.jpeg

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I have the Tuff security box in my JLR which plus my top is always off (no soft top). Add to that I use the Jeep to go biking in open parking lot for hours. So have a fighting chance of protection..... Table is a bonus.

I should said I took off the plastic cover before installing box. Also drilled a few more holes in box to hold box to tailgate. Some times stuff make noise driving over bumps.

For those who see my top is on, just got the Jeep and had ordered the Tuff before the Jeep came... and put it on.

IMG_2232.jpeg

IMG_2233.jpeg
why does your looks like it have a deeper look to your box as to the one on tuffy website. maybe i'm not realizing how big it is. either way i like it. did you have to do any cutting or drilling additional holes into the tailgate for mounting it.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
No drilling into the tailgate.... I had more holes on the tailgate so drilled more holes in the box so as to use more screws to hold it on... From memory I think it had 3 screws and I added two more.

As for the deep, it's the same as the web site.... I have a good iPhone X camera. Worth adding to anyones Jeep 2Dr or 4Dr.

why does your looks like it have a deeper look to your box as to the one on tuffy website. maybe i'm not realizing how big it is. either way i like it. did you have to do any cutting or drilling additional holes into the tailgate for mounting it.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone with a 2dr post a pic of the Tuffy from the top, with the tailgate closed, to show available trunk space? Is there still room to fit a small carry on suitcase in the rear, or does the Tuffy box eat up too much of the precious trunk space?
Sponsored