rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@rizej @BCJake
I have been planning on doing the Canvasback, but debating about the tie down cutouts. I have a German Shepherd (read fur factory) and I am debating about ordering with the cutouts and fashioning some removable covers for the holes, or ordering without, and making the cuts myself and just leaving then as flaps. Have you guys given any thought to this?
I haven't gotten my canvasback liner yet but it apparently shipped this morning so hopefully soon. I think the flaps will probably be cut to lay flat and then can be lifted up to use the D-rings below so I'm hoping the weight of the material will be enough to keep them down. If that doesn't seem to be the case I may pursue putting zippers along the D-ring sections that way I can zip it closed or open
Sponsored

BCJake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (On Order)
I guess you have to ask yourself if you will be using the tie downs. If fur is a major issue and you are likely not going to use them, keeping the whole area covered makes more sense to me.

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
I guess you have to ask yourself if you will be using the tie downs. If fur is a major issue and you are likely not going to use them, keeping the whole area covered makes more sense to me.
That is indeed my internal debate. I will be anxious to hear from @rizej Jared when he gets his to see how it is cut and whether we can close them or not.

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
@Sgt Beavis I got it in today! As the picture that someone else added shows, it comes with the gap hider. I paid about $180 shipped for it. There is a problem though. I didn’t receive all of the grommets for install so I have an email pending with the parts place that I purchased from.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
@Sgt Beavis I got it in today! As the picture that someone else added shows, it comes with the gap hider. I paid about $180 shipped for it. There is a problem though. I didn’t receive all of the grommets for install so I have an email pending with the parts place that I purchased from.
Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I'll be ordering it shortly.

Sponsored

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@MikeinMD I got my canvasback in the mail today; however, it appears that this one was designed to fit a JL with leather seats since the cutouts on the rear seat backs are different. I emailed them tonight and hopefully they can rush something to me because at this point I will not be waiting for another one to be made

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that's what I needed to know. I'll be ordering it shortly.
Hey the gap hider was super easy to install. Note - line it up by lifting up the flap from the passenger door sides. Line up one side, whack it a couple times, move to the other side of the Jeep and do the same. Then hit across all of it to fully seat it. Went in super easy for me.

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@MikeinMD I got my canvasback in the mail today; however, it appears that this one was designed to fit a JL with leather seats since the cutouts on the rear seat backs are different. I emailed them tonight and hopefully they can rush something to me because at this point I will not be waiting for another one to be made
I should point out that on their site now there is an option of whether or not you have cloth or leather seats. Don't know why this wasn't an option from the beginning though... :computerrage:

Sponsored

Oilslick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
20721 is the husky part number, it's available now but not on website for another week I was told. I emailed them to tell em they were missing out on sales.

BCJake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (On Order)
20721 is the husky part number, it's available now but not on website for another week I was told. I emailed them to tell em they were missing out on sales.
Will this not fit cloth Rubicon with subwoofer?

OP
OP

snakevsplane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anyone else think mopar must be smoking something funny with this JL trunk liner?

Compared to the JK one they had: https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-82213184-Molded-Cargo-Tray/dp/B00CMR79H6

It just seems so crazy that
A) It attaches to the back of the seats - Nice I guess, but seems unnessecary.
B) Doesn't even cover the entire floor of the trunk

I want that JK one that fits my JL.... no grommets or other crazy stuff, just throw it in.

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone else think mopar must be smoking something funny with this JL trunk liner?

Compared to the JK one they had: https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-82213184-Molded-Cargo-Tray/dp/B00CMR79H6

It just seems so crazy that
A) It attaches to the back of the seats - Nice I guess, but seems unnessecary.
B) Doesn't even cover the entire floor of the trunk

I want that JK one that fits my JL.... no grommets or other crazy stuff, just throw it in.
I think they really want the Trail Rail system to be a main seller so they cant just use D-ring cutouts but it cannot be that hard to make a CAD file of the trunk with either option. I do like the idea of covering the back of the seat but at the cost of having multiple version with/without production parts...seems unnecessary. Canvasback is expediting my new cargo liner with the cloth seat template so that should be installed in a couple days
Sponsored