Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Rockmaninoff, you have two parts of brain, 'left' and 'right'. In the left side, there's nothing right. In the right side, there's nothing left.
Why the personal attack with no basis? Or is that the last thing you learned in grade 2 before they kicked you out of school?
Sponsored

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
I guess if I spent $5000 on hearing aids I could hear the engine. However, I would also lose the excuse of not being able to hear my wife when she is talking to me......
My JL has a tachometer. I don't need to hear it.

PABoots

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I am 66 years old and thanks to several noisey hobbies and jobs, I am hard of hearing. Yep, I'm the white haired old man setting next to you at the stop light with the engine reving to 5500 rpm. I just can't hear it running.

To fix the issue, I had a Magnaflow type straight through muffler installed to enable me to hear it running......didn't work. Sounds better going down the road but I can't hear it at idle.

Thursday morning I go in for a resonatorectomy. We'll see if that helps......

This was my solution for my JLR. Sounds great on the road.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Another solution to getting the perfect exhaust noise you are wanting without adding a bit of sound to those around you can be done too. There are many cars on the market that do this now. BMW, Lexus, Fords Mustangs, and many others. You can drive audio through your speakers...seems to be a very simple solution they are using. But here is an article from 2012 that shows that this problem can be solved in a variety of ways.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/faking-it-engine-sound-enhancement-explained-tech-dept

Sponsored

cohocarl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Honda Passport, '18 Crosstrek, '16 Cherokee
A suggestion from a 67-year-old who also damaged his hearing from exposure to gunfire, jet engines, motorcycles and too-loud music:..
You've got 10 years on me, but I'm in the same boat, but substitute auto parts plants for jet engines.
They have made these things so quiet and vibration free that even having driven manuals all my life, I was finding it difficult at times to let out the clutch as I should.
About a month ago, I put on a Hooker axle back muffler which has just enough of a growl to overcome some of my tinnitus and yes, it does make it much easier to shift. I'm finding it much easier to tell what the engine is turning in the 1500-2000rpm range which is helpful.
If you're looking for an exhaust that will wake up the neighbors, this is NOT it, but does add a few DB.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Do the V8 6.4L Hemi mod in the JL. Then it will sound good. :devil:
Yes

Buy an SRT with the active exhaust, nice low throaty sounds at idle, beautiful symphony at wide open throttle when the butterflys in the exhaust are open.
Sponsored