tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Hey Guys,

Ive been having a weird, ongoing issue with my trip odometer. I always reset it after I fill up with gas, but it wont keep a reset.

So lets say I hit 500km for a tank, I fill up, I reset Trip A (recently I've been doing both at the same time), it goes to 0 and I get going. I can drive for over an hour, put on like 75kms, but when I turn off the Jeep, and turn it back on, the trip odometer will read 575 now. Ill try to reset it again... I do it daily, every time I start driving, and without fail it just reverts back. Sometimes it will be up over 3,000kms before the reset works. But then some times it will reset and work and when I get back in the Jeep its no longer at 1400 but kept the 7kms I now drove since resetting it AGAIN.

Anyone else have this issue? I asked dealership, they told me there was nothing wrong...
Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Very interesting. I haven’t had the issue where the trip odometer won’t reset or will “un-reset” after resetting. Either way this is a dealer issue because they need to either reset the whole cluster or update it or replace it with a new one entirely (which is another headache on its own because of the main odo).

OP
OP

tr-29

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Very interesting. I haven’t had the issue where the trip odometer won’t reset or will “un-reset” after resetting. Either way this is a dealer issue because they need to either reset the whole cluster or update it or replace it with a new one entirely (which is another headache on its own because of the main odo).
When I talked to them about it, they insisted 1. that it was totally fine and there is nothing wrong ... and 2. that if there is something wrong its not on them and there is nothing they can do for me, all software issues are dealt with over the air now by RCA.

They kind of sucked TBH. Langley Jeep - Would avoid them for sure. One of the worst purchase experiences I've ever had, almost knocked out the sales manager at one point.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Anyone else have this issue? I asked dealership, they told me there was nothing wrong...
My 2020 does the same thing on the TripB. I haven't tried resetting the TripA. Haven't asked the dealer about it yet either.

TGG

First Name
TGG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RUBICON JLU
Hello from Canada!

I finally, finally have found a solution for this problem (I've experienced the problem exactly as described by OP).

I have a 2019 JLU Rubicon (3.6L) and this problem has been my biggest nagging complaint and I finally have produced the following "fix""

First, ensure 'TRIP A' appears in the 'TOP LEFT' in Cluster. (this is my setup and it works)

When you are ready to reset to ZERO and want it to keep, do the following:
1. Reset 'TRIP A' to ZERO.
2. Go to the Customization screen and select 'TOP LEFT' in the Cluster, keep TOP LEFT as 'Trip A' (i.e. reselect it) and then EXIT/SAVE.

That's it! DONE!

I've had this stupid TRIPOMETER bug for what feels like forever. I've gone to the multiple dealerships and none of them want to deal with it because replacing the instrument cluster is a massive headache.

Anyway, the steps I've provided work. Enjoy!

Jeep if you're reading this... please provide a software update.

Cheers all!
Sponsored