Trip A&B, Avg MPG & Diplay Setup Issues

PastoreJesse

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I’ve been having this issue intermittently with my 2018 Wrangler as well. Today the speedometer and odometer disappeared and came back when I cycled through the menus.

My presets (compass and range) occasionally change, and cycling through the menus will usually get them to go back as well. Sometimes I have to go into my settings and fix them, but when I do, it’ll say that they’re already set. For instance it’ll show that my top right is set to range even though it’ll be currently (incorrectly) showing temperature.

I haven’t brought it to a dealer because it’s so sporadic they’d never be able to replicate it and it would just be a huge waste of time.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So after the first cluster somehow being lost in transit, I now have a new cluster installed and it appears to have fixed my issues.....so far. @JeepCares
Thank you for tagging us and providing this update. Please reach out to us if you are in need of assistance in the future.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
Following this thread to see if any fix comes along... My 18 JLUS changes dash settings all the time. That said, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
Same issue here 2020 JLURD. Anyone actually had this problem fixed? Did a new instrument cluster fix the issue? For me it seams like it’s only Trip A...

Sponsored

ajones0000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU
2020 Jeep Rubicon with the same issue with my Trip A computer. Just popped up after 3500 miles. Average mileage is all screwed up and even though I leave the digital MPH screen up when shutting down the Jeep, when I start it back up, the Trip A appears with incorrect time/data. This morning I did change the custom settings for the display along the top of the screen and that seemed to maybe temporarily fix the issue with the Trip A defaulting everytime I start the Jeep but the trip computer is still wrong.

NorthernILRubi

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Add my 2020 Rubcion Unlimited to this club as well.

I explained the issue to my dealer and they had never heard of the issue. Sure enough, search the forum and here it is.

This is beyond frustrating as I thought I had forgotten how to use a trip odometer.

Last edited:

SeanR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
For those of you having difficulty setting the top left, center and right of the center display I found that if you change one thing at a time, switching off the ignition and opening the door afterwards the change will stick.

The one thing I cannot get to stick is the default volume of the nav system. It tells me it is set at 10 where I want it but it comes on at level 15 every time.

You have to wonder who wrote this software.

CMyers41

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I have the same issue since new, i can force changes by doing this

1. Press push button start until you are in either ACC or RUN. Do not turn the vehicle on.
2. Hold down Green Phone button & Voice Recognition button at the same time. Hold for 30 seconds ( for me it worked if it pressed the phone button a split second before touching the voice button. If I pressed the voice button first the system would ramble on about commands ). After 30 seconds let go.
3. Turn the car off, immediately open the drivers door. Hold it open for 30seconds.
4. Close the door and turn the car on, see if the issue is still there.

I have a new cluster on order but have been waiting 6 weeks.

@JeepCares - I have reported this thru the dealer and your engineers suggested a new cluster, other forum members have tried this fix with no luck, please escalate this issue as this problem has been an issue for multiple members for some time.
Tried this and it keeps the changes to my top left, center, right settings. However, Average MPG and Trip A/B both go back to the same numbers each time I restart the vehicle.

@JeepCares Very frustrating because only had this Jeep for one week, now it seems I have to bring it to the dealer and it seems replacing the cluster only sometimes fixes the problem...after waiting 4-8 weeks for one to come in.

Sponsored

MountiesNGamecocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUS, 22 Ram, 14 Must GT, 94 Cobra
I found a new 'feature' related to the EVIC not saving changes. When my doors are off, the changes always seem to be saved just fine.

Anyone else notice this link?

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR & 2019 Wrangler JLU sport S
@JeepCares add my brand new 2020 JLUR that o just bought that only has 360 miles on it. Every time you get in it the mpg keeps resetting. I also have a 19 JLU that is working just fine. What’s the fix ?

CMyers41

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
@JeepCares add my brand new 2020 JLUR that o just bought that only has 360 miles on it. Every time you get in it the mpg keeps resetting. I also have a 19 JLU that is working just fine. What’s the fix ?
I know everyone gets different stories from their dealer but this is what mine said a couple hours ago after “flashing” the software didn’t work.

Apparently Jeep told them this is a software problem and they are “refurbishing” not replacing these. I’m bringing my JLU back to the dealer, they have to download information from my cluster... then they send this info back to Jeep and Jeep provides the dealer with a module or something (sorry I forgot exactly what he said) ...takes 3-16 days then when my dealership gets the module I’ll bring my JLU back they update the software.

Hopefully this works I’ll update the thread, but it’s gonna take a while..

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares

Scooter269

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR & 2019 Wrangler JLU sport S
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
So as of today it’s holding the mpg on both the fuel economy page and trip info page. Not sure why yesterday it reset it twice on its own. If it does it again I’ll either contact you or bring it to the dealership as I’m sure that’s the only way to get it fixed. Thank you
Sponsored