Sponsored

Trektop Ultra

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I just installed my @Bestop trektop ultra (ordered through @Northridge4x4 ) today. For some reason, it seems like the whole top needs to shift to the rear about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I can’t seem to get the latches to close unless I pull the top rearward. Any suggestions on this issue?
With some effort, I was able to get it latched in time before a rainstorm hit (no leaks so far) but it just doesn’t seem normal at all.
Sponsored

Kaitlynmrilez

First Name
Kaitlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 4-Door Willys Edition
I installed this on my wrangler Saturday and I am having the same trouble. Thankful I was able to get it latched before the rain and had to do the same by pulling it (not easy) towards the rear to get it latched. So far I've read that it needs time to stretch out and it will be better once it gets a bit warmer. Hoping this is true, as it was truly difficult to latch.

OP
OP
skrubi12

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I installed this on my wrangler Saturday and I am having the same trouble. Thankful I was able to get it latched before the rain and had to do the same by pulling it (not easy) towards the rear to get it latched. So far I've read that it needs time to stretch out and it will be better once it gets a bit warmer. Hoping this is true, as it was truly difficult to latch.
At least I'm not alone...never had to pull a soft top backward before so it just threw me. Another guy in one of the FB JL groups had the issue too. I got mine closed up about 20 minutes before the skies opened up. I suppose it'll have time to stretch since it's supposed to rain for the next 2 weeks here in Maryland.

Kaitlynmrilez

First Name
Kaitlyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 4-Door Willys Edition
At least I'm not alone...never had to pull a soft top backward before so it just threw me. Another guy in one of the FB JL groups had the issue too. I got mine closed up about 20 minutes before the skies opened up. I suppose it'll have time to stretch since it's supposed to rain for the next 2 weeks here in Maryland.

I haven't had any leaks either which is promising, but it took some muscle to get it to latch, and based on all the reviews and videos, it should not have been that difficult. Hopefully as it gets warmer it will get easier.

OP
OP
skrubi12

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Disregard, I got things worked out. Loosened the last 4 screws (2 each side attaching to the lift assist) while it was latched and it shifted. I checked it a couple times the. Snugged them back up. All is good now.

Sponsored

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
Disregard, I got things worked out. Loosened the last 4 screws (2 each side attaching to the lift assist) while it was latched and it shifted. I checked it a couple times the. Snugged them back up. All is good now.
Yes. The instructions do not have you torque down these bolts until pretty much everything is put together and top is closed.

OP
OP
skrubi12

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yes. The instructions do not have you torque down these bolts until pretty much everything is put together and top is closed.
2 months now and no issues. Definitely happy with it. I remember reading the part about those screws before doing the install…and then remembered that I didn’t recall reading that part while installing, if that makes sense. Love this top - definitely much better than the factory tops on the JKs.
Sponsored