Tread Lightly

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
A dealer told me if I joined I could get $500 off when I pick up my JL (to be ordered soon).
T or F?
If true, where do I join?
Sponsored

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Tread Lightly is an affiliate program that allows for 1% pricing under invoice.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks, saved me from wasting $100 to join.
Talk to your dealer/sales person. I told mine that I was going to join, but forgot. I still got 1% (and more) below invoice.

Sponsored

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
A dealer told me if I joined I could get $500 off when I pick up my JL (to be ordered soon).
T or F?
If true, where do I join?
You should do the math using your invoice price. The dealers I've quoted would stack the 1% off invoice to other discounts (can confirm Criswell does). You should check to see if you're eligible through work or other organizations to eliminate the need to join TL. If your dealer is saying they will honor and additional 1% off invoice for joining it's probably worth it to spend the $100. I think you have to be a member for 30 days to get the discount though

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Thanks, saved me from wasting $100 to join.
You should do the math using your invoice price.
If you’re expecting a flat $500 off for joining, that’s not correct.

TL guarantees 1% off invoice price across the most of the entire fleet of vehicles within Jeep, Dodge and Chrysler.

How much is 1%? Depends on the vehicle... in this case, your truck.

For most of us, that 1% was well over $500 which made spending $100 to save $500+ a good business decision.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I am naive now. I was more naive 10 years. Back then, I was told about the Tread LIghtly FCA affiliate program and thought it meant I could buy a Jeep for 1% below factory invoice - that was true - and I did. What I didn’t realize is that some dealers add the 1% discount on top of any additional percent below invoice they offer you on the vehicle. So I left a lot of money on the table for 1% below invoice. @cgagnon99 mentioned this in a previous post. I bought my JL from Criswell, and they offered 7% below invoice and stated they would add an additional 1% off invoice with Tread Lightly membership (the one that includes the FCA affiliate program - a middle tier level membership). So, I got my JLUR for 8% below invoice and Tread Lightly saved me 1% extra on 56k. So, a 100 dollar membership saved me about 500 on the vehicle. Well worth it if the dealer will honor it and stack it on top of existing deals.
Sponsored