Transmission cooler?

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Has anyone installed an aftermarket transmission cooler yet? Or can you point me to someone who has and has pics of the install? Are they worth it on the JL? On my Jk it lowered my temps by over 10 degrees.
Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It has a factory trans cooler

(as did the 2012-18 WA580 JK’s, only the old 2007-11’s 42RLE did not come with one)

huberro2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2019
Occupation
Engineer
Confirmed. Called the Dealership and talked to my friend in the Parts Department. They show a transmission cooler in the parts diagram for the JL.

Ricardowelch

First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Heh Heh, yeah--that's a fact--man am I glad, I installed one in my '08 JKUR and that was a PITA--although it worked FINE--

Stay healthy guys

JIMBO

Sponsored

heamick

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Has anyone installed an aftermarket transmission cooler yet? Or can you point me to someone who has and has pics of the install? Are they worth it on the JL? On my Jk it lowered my temps by over 10 degrees.
i have 18 JLRU AUTO, i tradedin my 04 Rubi and I had put the stacked plate design from B&Mworked great
Put one onmy new 18 Rubi is does nothing,, the trans has a thermostat inside and keeps my trans at 199deg or so
I spoke to factory tech and they said that is what they want, 199-210.I still think its hogwash

heamick

First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Yes I installed a B&M stacked transmission oil cooler, I thought it was not doing anything but after driving on roads with hills and i1 kept the trans at 203F while the engine temp went up to 230F
Sponsored