flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to go off-roading in an area that requires trail flags, but I've never needed one before and just seeking some advice. The tailgate reinforcement on my JL already has a hole to accommodate a flag, so just curious if anyone has found a flagpole that is an exact fit and works well. Not looking to modify anything for a simple flag that I will rarely use, so appreciate any recommendations to use the existing hole as-is. Much appreciated.
Jeep Wrangler JL Trail Flag file-1
Sponsored

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I use one of the holes on my mopar steel bumper. If you have the hooks in the front you can use a clamp style bracket to hold you flag.

here is my setup for the dunes in Michigan.
And the flag clamp i was going to use, but remembered i dont have hooks on my mopar bumper.
Edit: I realize youre looking for the flag for that hole, i read it wrong.

Jeep Wrangler JL Trail Flag 3A9717F6-24FA-4AB2-B607-9606EBAE18DC

Jeep Wrangler JL Trail Flag 75DD1D0F-1E59-4207-9326-15C5B8379896

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Most flags mount with a 1/2-20 fine thread but there are exceptions. It pays to research flag requirements for the places you want to go. For example, @lalalofsky is out on Michgan's dunes (Silverlake?) where they require a front mounted flag that can hit a tube 10' off the ground. I ran such a flag at the Badlands and the trees beat the heck out of it. The Badlands requires the flag extend above the top of the rig and can be mounted anywhere...

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Most flags mount with a 1/2-20 fine thread but there are exceptions. It pays to research flag requirements for the places you want to go. For example, @lalalofsky is out on Michgan's dunes (Silverlake?) where they require a front mounted flag that can hit a tube 10' off the ground. I ran such a flag at the Badlands and the trees beat the heck out of it. The Badlands requires the flag extend above the top of the rig and can be mounted anywhere...
impressive knowledge there! yes the flag must hit a 10’ tube to end the park, i used the provided nut that comes with the flag, through the hole of my bumper. Worked great. When i went to air back up i drove off to the shoulder a bit more than I should’ve and hit a few limbs. I’d imagine if i did a different trail, perhaps KS rocks, or Tuttle creek here in KS, which i dont believe require flags (cant remember) I’d still mount a shorter one

Sponsored

OP
OP
flyer92

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
impressive knowledge there! yes the flag must hit a 10’ tube to end the park, i used the provided nut that comes with the flag, through the hole of my bumper. Worked great. When i went to air back up i drove off to the shoulder a bit more than I should’ve and hit a few limbs. I’d imagine if i did a different trail, perhaps KS rocks, or Tuttle creek here in KS, which i dont believe require flags (cant remember) I’d still mount a shorter one
I like how you installed the flag through an already existing hole in your bumper, but can't figure out which one you used. Can you please explain or send a pic?

OP
OP
flyer92

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
when you remove the end caps on the rubicon steel bumper, the passenger side has an open hole
OK thanks...lalalofsky's profile lists a JLU Sport, so was thinking he had a similar plastic bumper like the one on my 2-door Sport. Makes sense if he in fact has a steel bumper.
Sponsored