TPMS sensor…missing?

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Brought in my ‘20 JLUR for ann oil change and tire rotation. On the drive afterwards, TPMS warning light started flashing and then remained solid. Brought it back, the technician messed with it and said I needed to schedule another appointment to fix this item. He noted the TPMS sensor is either missing (which is absurd) or dead (which also seems absurd based upon some reading on here). After he toyed with it the second time, I now have this in my dash. Any other options of what it could be other than what he noted above?

Jeep Wrangler JL TPMS sensor…missing? 55BD623B-6740-49C4-BB13-13D41D5E1207
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Did he book you in for a warranty repair?

It could be a dead sensor. That's a Jeep problem though, not a "you" problem.

Is that the spare that was rotated in that's dead? Swap them and see if it goes away.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Nole_Dynasty

First off, your tired are overinflated.

Ok.... it could very well be... the spare they rotated in has a TPMS that needs to be woken up and then all will be aok.

Assuming all the TPMS's are healthy....

You would want to try the following ...

Make sure the Psi on all 4, on the ground tires are set to exactly what the the door placard recommends. Then go for a ride... Hopefully, all will display after a mile or so.. AFTER all TPMS's are reading you can change the psi on tires.

If needed--> The current thought by most TPMS retailers/vendors, that IF you have one or more sensors not reading on a say a JL/JLU/JT, you deflate all tires to 12# below the recommended tire pressure, driver's side door sticker that tells you recommended tire psi. Now, after they are deflated you drive say a half mile. Now, you inflate to to +- 1# psi, of the recommended psi on the driver's side door sticker and go for a mile drive.. This scenario/routine is suppose to wake up the sensors, so to speak and get them reading...

OP
OP
Nole_Dynasty

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did he book you in for a warranty repair?

It could be a dead sensor. That's a Jeep problem though, not a "you" problem.

Is that the spare that was rotated in that's dead? Swap them and see if it goes away.
@Rhinebeck01
Brought the Jeep in to replace the sensor when I get a call from the service department noting the sensor was aftermarket and thus not covered under warranty and would be $190 to replace. I knew this was BS as I've never touched the sensors with all work (oil changes, tire rotations) being done by Jeep dealerships. I told him I would call him back.

I find the factory part number for the OEM sensor online, call him back and ask him to tell me the part number on the "aftermarket" sensor they are seeing on my Jeep. He puts me on hold and after 5-minutes says, "well, we're not sure but we now think it is a factory sensor so we'll replace under the warranty."

It's amazing what these service departments try to get away with, complete fraud. @JeepCares
Sponsored