OP

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I didn't buy a damn convertible to drive it with a roof over my head.

If that's not for you, maybe consider a G-wagen instead.
Well thats a piss poor attitude for a friendly thread. Go back under your rock.
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
How many of you long time jeep drivers drive topless? I used too. I would have a bikini top at most from spring until late fall. Drive fast and don't get wet. Then I got a motorcycle. If I wanted wind in my face, I just rode it.

I like the capability of a jeep but rarely take the top off. How about you?

(Women with topless driving stories are encouraged to post!) :like:
I like to show off what i invest in, hence the reason I always go topless.
(In a perfect world I would oblige and post a pic, but unfortunately, it just wouldn't compare to seeing the real thing).

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Thank you, @Nomod. I'm actually in the habit of carrying a spray can of SPF 50 in the vehicles during the Spring & Summer.
Might want to switch from aerosol to a squeeze bottle. They can go boom. Then a scream like a 13yr old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert pierces the air. He really embarrassed me.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I have used these Velcro straps (36”x2”) to keep the top cinched down and it helps with visibility out the back:
https://www.amazon.com/VELCRO-Brand-Purpose-Straps-Strap/dp/B00575600W

Pic:
E82B2C96-7E92-4267-BB2B-CC851DB42028-X3.jpg
I purchased those very straps, based on your prior recommendation. 👍

Might want to switch from aerosol to a squeeze bottle. They can go boom. Then a scream like a 13yr old girl at a Justin Timberlake concert pierces the air. He really embarrassed me.
I shall adjust my habit, as you recommend. We don't want any untoward screaming. ;)

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
How many of you long time jeep drivers drive topless? I used too. I would have a bikini top at most from spring until late fall. Drive fast and don't get wet. Then I got a motorcycle. If I wanted wind in my face, I just rode it.

From Long Island. I run topless on Weekends between the end of May till mid September. Topless driving was one huge reason I got my JLU. Wife and 3 year old Daughter like being driven around in a topless Jeep on the weekends. The kid starts getting cranky around 2PM if she hasn't been taken for a Topless Jeep ride every Saturday and Sunday over the summer.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Many years ago I removed the top from the CJ and TJs. Not anymore. I wish they made a non removable top option that was a bit quieter at highway speeds. It sure is fun to have the doors and top off but with the wife’s Lupus we can’t do that.

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
My wife got topless in the Jeep once. Actually full nude....

Thats probably all I can go with this story......Well other then I was driving.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I didn't buy a damn convertible to drive it with a roof over my head.

If that's not for you, maybe consider a G-wagen instead.
That crazy hot summer day thats oh probably as hot as mid winter in CA, might be why some of us prefer safari mode and no doors.

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
I’ve had my Jeep for around 20 months now (‘19 JLUR) and I drop the top as often as possible, weather permitting! I live in Tampa and have serious concerns with melanoma so I always use SPF 50 or higher and wear a hat, completely understanding this does not guarantee anything 100%. I bought a convertible and intend to enjoy it.

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
I take the soft top off, but then put on a Sunrider top and a tonneau cover. This way I can flip open the Sunrider when its nice, and keep the sun/coldoff of me when I want. The tonneau keeps the back covered if it rains (and lookie-loos from easily seeing what's in the back

2020_07jul06_018_Jeep_onArgintinePass_MtMcCelellan_GeorgetownCO.jpg

Sponsored

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
I love convertible driving. But I use a Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop on my JL and it is open 100% of the time when the temp is 60 degrees or higher for cruising around except for highway driving. If I have a lot of highway time or the bride is with me it is buttoned up.

wtodd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HellaYella JLR 6spd w/ BnL re-gear, MC 3.5"
My top came off the day after I picked it up in July. A SpiderWebShade went on at the same time.

Other than the *return* leg of a long road trip (Paulden, AZ to Houston, TX) and a *handful* of other days, the rear & side windows have been packed up in their bag.

We got a cold snap the other day & I thought I'd have to "be practical" but the seat warmers & heater saved me from that cruel fate.

On a trip to the island (around Thanksgiving), I lost one corner on the SpiderWebShade & had to cut it free. I've been running Safari (sometimes) while I decide how to replace it.

I've had a couple of rain incidents (no garage to park in at night and sometimes I forget to put up the top). Between the Bedtred and a microfiber towel, it hasn't been a big deal. I just have to remember that my butt may get a little damp until the seat dries out.

I'd LOVE to go door-less full-time. Maybe I'll save that for Spring.

AlamoDawg

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I bought my 2018 JLUR in June and have removed my hardtop a few times driving down here in San Antonio. I bought a spiderweb shade and installed it almost immediately. This fall drove with top off for a few weeks and wife and kids loved it except when it was in low 50’s and then the kids hated it when I took them to school in the morning. It was great. Told them to put on a sweatshirt. 🤣. Have removed doors yet but look forward to doing that in spring.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Sunrider open if it's warm and dry and I left the house with the windows in (usually because it was raining when I left or I was in a rush). Safari for warm weather with iffy chance of rain. I'll remove the top when we're into summer and it's gonna be dry for a while or if I need to haul stuff where the top might be in the way. So, basically, I'll be as topless as possible every opportunity I can.

This is my first convertible (well, technically my wife had a convertible Mini Cooper, which I did drive on occasion). Most vehicles I've owned have had a secondary opening though (sunroof or a 2dr truck with a rear window opening). I'd rather have the wind blowing than AC on. Jeep being convertible was a major factor for me.

Ibshake

First Name
Ibrahim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR

I’m not a long time Jeep driver but I’ve ordered one last month and have been waiting ever since. Traded in my Jeep Compass for the 2021 JLUR. Driving topless is the one thing I’m really looking forward to! my wife said she wants to drive topless as well, her and the Jeep both haha
Sponsored