Sponsored

Tire carriers

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
I have 37's on my spare. No damage but did have some rattling. Installed a Mopar tire carrier and the rattling is gone.
Sponsored

smuddy

First Name
shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
That reinforces the tire carrier, not the tailgate. IMHO, I wouldn’t waste my money on something like that since it’s the tailgate that’s doing the work. Unless you do a carrier that replaces the hinges like the evo, or other frame or bumper mounted carrier, the weight is still on the tailgate.
My tire carrier cracked above the top studs with the BFG KO2 315/70/17. It's only about 22lbs heavier than the stock setup, I think. Probably only wheeled it 6x before that happened. I was surprised when jeep service department replaced it under warranty, but it is probably within 1lb of the max load on it.

I had similar tire on my '14 JKUR for over 2 years with a fair amount of wheeling and never had a problem with the carrier or the tailgate and the JL tailgate is supposedly stronger.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Any reviews on the rough country tailgate?
I'm not actually using it. I was considering it at the time but ended up with a Roam tire carrier bumper.