JLUColorado

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU , 2017 GC Limited
Great look man. Yes, it’s a stupid problem to have. Hopefully more news soon!
Sponsored

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
So this was all back in March. We are now going to July with no resolutions or aftermarket presence on the issues. I love my JL but its brutal to be using dremel tool/pipe and rubber foot stops for temp solutions and a lot of trial and error to combat modifications to the Jeep...

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
So this was all back in March. We are now going to July with no resolutions or aftermarket presence on the issues. I love my JL but its brutal to be using dremel tool/pipe and rubber foot stops for temp solutions and a lot of trial and error to combat modifications to the Jeep...
I tried using spacers and unfortunately the screws are too short to really make a difference plus there are fairly tight tolerances so I had to trim the spacers down. Eventually I gave up on the spacers and jerry-rigged it and it works 90% of the time....

Here is what I did:

- Separated the camera from the perch
- Put the screws back into their holes and left them hanging out about 3/4 of the way
- Pushed the camera into the hole unattached to the mount so the top of the screws could put pressure on the metal monting portion of the camera
- Slid everything back in and the camera sticks out as far as it can possibly go and it mounted securely.
- Yes its ghetto, yes it works..

Here is a picture of the camera...sorry its dirty
20180629_100259.jpg

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you still see the wheel in the camera? See what I see currently.

Camera.jpg

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Do you still see the wheel in the camera? See what I see currently.

Camera.jpg
Yup i still see the wheel but the red lines are barely touching the wheel so the sensor rarely goes off. Ill grab a pic and post in just a few.

Sponsored

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yup i still see the wheel but the red lines are barely touching the wheel so the sensor rarely goes off. Ill grab a pic and post in just a few.
When you can please post a pic, thanks.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My park assist auto disables itself. Do you think if I push it out like you did I'll get the same result with my wheel/offset? I'm trying to clear it enough so that the sensors work at the very least. I don't mind minor obstruction.

Camera.jpg

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
My park assist auto disables itself. Do you think if I push it out like you did I'll get the same result with my wheel/offset? I'm trying to clear it enough so that the sensors work at the very least. I don't mind minor obstruction.

Camera.jpg
Mine looked like yours prior to pushing the camera out. It now only buzzes 5 to 10% of the time and only for a short second. The rear sensors are finally worth something :)

Yes I think it will help you at least a little bit.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine looked like yours prior to pushing the camera out. It now only buzzes 5 to 10% of the time and only for a short second. The rear sensors are finally worth something :)

Yes I think it will help you at least a little bit.
Here is the thing. Mine never buzzed, and it never buzzes now. When I turn the Jeep on it auto disables the sensors and I get a nag screen. So my question is are your sensors actually working now that your wheel is on the red area or did your trick just keep it from buzzing? Cause as of now since it auto disables I get no buzzing. But if your trick makes the sensors work again I will do it. Let me know, thanks.

Sponsored

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the thing. Mine never buzzed, and it never buzzes now. When I turn the Jeep on it auto disables the sensors and I get a nag screen. So my question is are your sensors actually working now that your wheel is on the red area or did your trick just keep it from buzzing? Cause as of now since it auto disables I get no buzzing. But if your trick makes the sensors work again I will do it. Let me know, thanks.
Both for me. The buzzing stopped and since it isn't constantly buzzing because there is something in the way, the sensors now work as they are supposed to.

I never had an issue where it just auto disabled the sensors. I dont know anyone that has had that issue now that I think of it.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
The real fix though is a camera relocation kit. There are few out there and when I do our bumper I'll relocate the plate to the wheel and the camera is extended out with it.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)