Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, working out a deal for a new Rubicon. MSRP is 55,420.... Invoice is 52,156. My out the door price is 45K ... is that a good deal?
Sounds like a good deal to me Jennifer. Shoot, I didn't get near that off my MSRP.
P.S. I'm glad you wen't with a new Jeep. This'll be your "baby" from the start.
Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I have bought several used Jeeps with low miles before. They were perfectly trouble-free and served me well. But they were stock. I would walk away from a used Jeep that has been modified.
So a rubicon that's been stored in the garage??? good luck. I totally agree with the tow package.. you will have to add a switchbox for accessories.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
you know I often think if it isn't much safer bet to go with 20 - 40 year old Wrangler in great shape then to spend so much more on an over engineered jeep , if it would be offered as a brand new Jeep from lets say 1985 plus easy availability of parts I think I am getting it

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
you know I often think if it isn't much safer bet to go with 20 - 40 year old Wrangler in great shape then to spend so much more on an over engineered jeep
Well there is always the idea that the more stuff you put in there, the more stuff there is to fail.

We had a WJ Grand Cherokee for a long time and it was a great vehicle. It had solid front axle but no death wobble. It had fully manual shifting in the transfer case. Its biggest shortcoming was its V8 which at the time was a good engine but it would have been better with the current 3.6L. Unlike the WK2 I think the WJ was more user friendly WRT to lifts and bigger tires.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Well there is always the idea that the more stuff you put in there, the more stuff there is to fail.

We had a WJ Grand Cherokee for a long time and it was a great vehicle. It had solid front axle but no death wobble. It had fully manual shifting in the transfer case. Its biggest shortcoming was its V8 which at the time was a good engine but it would have been better with the current 3.6L. Unlike the WK2 I think the WJ was more user friendly WRT to lifts and bigger tires.
V8 and it didn't do its job?

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V8 and it didn't do its job?
It did fine for the day, it was about 235HP as I recall. The best it would do on the highway was barely 19 mpg. A WK2 with V6 has more power and much better mileage. The WJ didn't have any of the evils that people associate with solid front axle, much better than the current JLU on pavement. WK2 with independent suspension went away from its heritage.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
If you actually off road, you'll probably want to go with the Rubicon.
I wonder how many people actually can compare wheeling a Sahara vs a Rubi on the same trail and tell a difference. I say this because recently I went wheeling with a few JKs. They were all essentially on a 3.5-4” lift and 35s, the Rubicon was on 37s. Out of the group the Sahara did the best

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoa that is bright! But it deserves to be. I was tempted to buy one that I found in that color.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
y’all I did it. I can’t even start to explain how much I enjoy this thing... less than 24 hours of ownership. Haha. Haven’t given my 2015 Sahara a second thought.

Jeep Wrangler JL Thoughts on Buying a Used JLU?? 1592161224981
Jeep's beautiful Jen, Congrats and best of luck!

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
y’all I did it. I can’t even start to explain how much I enjoy this thing... less than 24 hours of ownership. Haha. Haven’t given my 2015 Sahara a second thought.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I’m so happy for you! Your Jeep is beautiful and in THE best color :rock: !

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara

Jennifer, congratulations! I know how long you searched, researched, debated but you finally did it. You made the right choice!

If you’re ever in the DFW area, I’ll direct you to an ice cream shop unlike any other. That way you can enjoy your Rubicon in it’s RIGHTFUL element.
Sponsored