Sponsored

This is weird Easter egg on a Rubicon

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 wrangler , 2021 wrangler on the way
If I had my way, every fool who goes around with 'Easter Eggs' on his Jeep should be boiled in his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly in his heart...... Baah Humbug.... !!!

scroog.png
So then
You must not be from down east...
Where the hell is down east ? I grew up on the east coast and never heard down east
Sponsored

Skyvet

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
I don't appreciate the personal attack from a fellow Jeeper, but to each his/her own. No malice or judgment here. While Easter eggs may be somewhat interesting, I just don't find them "fun." What IS fun (to me anyway), is using that $$$ to otherwise fund upgrades...even a tank of gas is better than a pair of flip-flops embossed on the cowl, IMHO.

Pretty sure it costs more than "next to nothing" to build a Jeep too. Certainly, FCA sees a very handsome profit margin from Wranglers, but the materials, technology, and labor to mass-produce these specialized vehicles aren't cheap either. Not sure what math you're referring to, but I can guarantee it isn't even close to "nothing."
While he could have worded it a little better, I am not sure it qualifies as a personal attack. I think the majority of people do find easter eggs fun and interesting. I seriously doubt that it adds much to the cost when you purchase a jeep. Certainly less than government taxes do. In this day and age when we seem to have so little to celebrate, having these easter eggs gives us something to laugh about. But perhaps your next jeep you could ask if they have the option to remove the easter eggs and put fuel in your tank instead? Everyone has the right to have life the way the want it, and I defend your right to ask to have the easter eggs removed. Me personally----I love the easter eggs

Sponsored

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Where the hell is down east ? I grew up on the east coast and never heard down east
It's in Eastern NC, think Harkers Island, Bettie, Cedar Island. When they don't have their mud boots on, they're likely wearing flip flops.

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
Some people are against the jeep wave too... it takes some effort but cost nothing... yet some Wrangler owners don't wave back... UGH 😠
Try waving in Hawaii from a rental Jeep while on vacation. I swear I waved hundreds of times, and didn't so much as get a single wave back. And Hawaii is covered in Wranglers. This was the island of Kauai.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
That's because you're in a state that's longer north to south than it is east to west. 🤷‍♂️

It's in Eastern NC, think Harkers Island, Bettie, Cedar Island. When they don't have their mud boots on, they're likely wearing flip flops.
/\ This /\

He used to live "Down East" before he moved "Out West"

Sponsored

huberro2

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2019
Occupation
Engineer
Did not like. I painted all my rims flat black to cover up. Looks tactical, instead of mall crawl.

Jeep Wrangler JL This is weird Easter egg on a Rubicon 1627446864445

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I don't mind Easter eggs but hate flip flops (AKA man sandals 🤬)...Never wore them never will 😬
So in all fairness, you don't know if you like them or not as you have never wore a pair. It is pretty low risk to try a pair and make an educated decision. Be adventurous, swing through your local Walmart and try a pair on, it might change your life.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Got to say, one of the most worthless threads on this forum.
I have to disagree with you here. You can learn something on this thread, like who would be fun around a camp fire and who might not be so much fun around a camp fire.

I would say the most worthless thread is the 109th thread about will 37s rub on my stock Jeep thread.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Since everyone has thrown in their .02 - I like the Easter eggs and the thought that went into them. I remember reading Pewe's articles back in the day and seeing pics of him laying under a Jeep on the trail and all you could see was his legs sticking out and flip flops. I like the jeep grille in the headlights, the Jeep on the windshield, the Jeeps on the wheels, and the seven slots inside the tailgate. The Wrangler isn't the only Jeep to get Easter eggs though. Our Grand Cherokee has a Jeep on the passenger side and "Since 1941" on the driver side in the headlights.

And I'm wearing flip flops right now.....

@Jjirish lol at "tiny lil girl feet"

Last edited:

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
So in all fairness, you don't know if you like them or not as you have never wore a pair. It is pretty low risk to try a pair and make an educated decision. Be adventurous, swing through your local Walmart and try a pair on, it might change your life.
Yes, I own a pair for showing at the gym or walking on a sandy beach.

If I have to go utilitarian it's Crocks. But I would want them tattooed on my Jeep either.

Other than that I hate them and find them about as useless as a 'man-dress.' 😜
Sponsored