Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps this is true, but in my experience with engineering and manufacturing, there's still plenty of development, administrative, and marketing costs that precede NRE, even for the smallest design elements. Maybe it's not millions of dollars, but I'd rather see those resources support the design of practical components we DO need (steering, ESS, etc.)...or at a minimum, paying the fuse installer a little more to push 'em all in!

In any case, I'm glad that many folks enjoy these details. I personally could have just done without them.
To Jeeps credit, at least they didn't specify the flip flop charge on the window sticker.

Years ago, I earned a new truck and heavy equipment repair customer, who was previously loyal to another shop. It all came down to the writing of my final invoice for the labor and parts required to get them going. Apparently, the prior repair shop was also starting to itemize every shop rag that their mechanic used on a job, which was enough to grind the gears of the customer and ultimately chase them my way. All stemming from my doing service calls, when the other shop didn't.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I know that's just a friendly jab, but as stated previously...to each his/her own, and that's what makes our automotive family so unique and cool. I don't understand why fellow Jeepers can't accept those of us who aren't into Easter eggs, while others completely strip all decals and badges off their Wranglers and nobody seems to care. Can't even believe we are having this conversation in the first place, as we all should respect each other's perspective, whether we agree or not. Again...no "bah humbugs" here. I'm thrilled that many folks enjoy the Easter eggs, but they just don't do anything for me...end of story.
Just having fun with your post.. take it all in stride... Now let me ask you, are you also against Ducking?

Sponsored

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
My kids love finding the Easter Eggs, it’s one more thing that makes them like the Jeep. 20 years from now, they’ll buy Jeeps and that’s why the Easter Eggs are there. It’s now about this sale, it’s about future sales.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so I had to get out and crawl under the Jeep to see the Grilles on the Drive Shaft. That must be a new one because mine doesn't have it. I checked all around too.

Jeep Wrangler JL This is weird Easter egg on a Rubicon IMG_2306.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL This is weird Easter egg on a Rubicon IMG_2307.JPG

Sponsored

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Just having fun with your post.. take it all in stride... Now let me ask you, are you also against Ducking?
LOL...totally understand. Ducking is fine with me, but really don't care whether I get 100's of 'em or none.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
LOL...totally understand. Ducking is fine with me, but really don't care whether I get 100's of 'em or none.
Hey..thanks for taking this whipping in stride. Some people would have lost it in here a long time ago.... Thank you for laughing with us..✌