Thinking about cancelling my order

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Ordered on 5/31 and still waiting...got my wife a overland a week ago and I LOVE IT...now it’s got me thinking I should cancel the JL and go for a GC SRT.

The luxury features on the GC are amazing, lane assist is awesome and I don’t know how often I’ll be wheeling - would like to as much as possible but with family and other hobbies I just don’t know, also I live in the DC area so no close trail to go have fun at without it being a longer trip.

Thoughts, pros and cons? Stupid to both have the same car in the driveway? Hers white overland, mine would be black srt

Talk me off the ledge
Sponsored

Last edited:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
The Grand Cherokee SRT is a beast, on the road, but a stock Wrangler Sport S will best it, off road. If you want to go fast on the streets, and blend in with all the other Soccer Moms, then go with the SRT.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Personally, I wish they would make an SRT Wrangler.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Ordered on 5/31 and still waiting...got my wife a overland a week ago and I LOVE IT...now it’s got me thinking I should cancel the JL and go for a GC SRT.

The luxury features on the GC are amazing, lane assist is awesome and I don’t know how often I’ll be wheeling.

Thoughts, pros and cons?

Talk me off the ledge
If you have no plans to wheel, and your Wrangler would just be a Mall Crawler, then get the GC SRT. My wife’s was a blast to drive, and sounded heavenly with the Borla S-Type catback exhaust installed.

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
I planned on wheeling initially and still may, but have realized those opportunities may be far on between due to not many trails around here - DC area.

I love the no doors, sky top and awesomeness of the wrangler...think I need to go drive one to compare the ride to my wife’s GC....but dang her getting it has thrown me off because it does ride amazing

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
It depends on which one you want the most, and I know that's a tough decision. If you get the GC will you be driving down the road wishing you would have gotten the Wrangler, or vise versa? If it were me I would cancel the Wrangler order until I could make up my mind for sure. Good luck, these "first world" decisions can be hard on a person. ;):)

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
It depends on which one you want the most, and I know that's a tough decision. If you get the GC will you be driving down the road wishing you would have gotten the Wrangler, or vise versa? If it were me I would cancel the Wrangler order until I could make up my mind for sure. Good luck, these "first world" decisions can be hard on a person. ;):)
Wanted the wrangler the most forever, my wife had a 2012 GC and it was alright...then she got this one and wow

I think the srt concerns are price and gas since it’s 12 mpg and premium according to real life reviews...but after mods the wrangler is just as expensive.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Wanted the wrangler the most forever, my wife had a 2012 GC and it was alright...then she got this one and wow

I think the srt concerns are price and gas since it’s 12 mpg and premium according to real life reviews...but after mods the wrangler is just as expensive.
Ain't that the truth brother. And, after a lift, and bigger tires you could bring the Wrangler mpg's down to the SRT level. Wow, I'm sure that useless thought helped you.....not. Hang in there, you'll have the right decision pop in your mind when you least expect it.

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Ain't that the truth brother. And, after a lift, and bigger tires you could bring the Wrangler mpg's down to the SRT level. Wow, I'm sure that useless thought helped you.....not. Hang in there, you'll have the right decision pop in your mind when you least expect it.
I drove an srt and wasn’t overly impressed, but I was seriously considering..then I drove her overland and it got me thinking.

The wait is causing these thoughts, will go see srt again

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That is like comparing apples and oranges. If your even thinking about the SRT, I would say go for it. Heck if you still want a wrangler you could find a nicer old one and have both.

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I drove an srt and wasn’t overly impressed, but I was seriously considering..then I drove her overland and it got me thinking.

The wait is causing these thoughts, will go see srt again

While you're there ask the salesperson if you can test drive a Wrangler again. That may belay all those question wandering around in your head.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Cross shops on JLU is always interesting, but usually tough to truly compare. I came from a 535 and was considering a GTI vs Jeep ...

6A7EC82D-B3FA-4FEC-BAEA-472FE0279E93.jpeg

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
You're less than two hours from GWNF, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. How fast do you think you're going to zip around in that fancy GC in DC traffic?

However, at the end of the day, you have to be you.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
Honestly, if a GC SRT is a viable option, then you're probably not going to be satisfied with the Wrangler. I cross-shopped the GTI, too (much cheaper, just as fun on road). But when I started looking at how I was going to use it, I just couldn't make the GTI work (without a lift kit and a trailer). Just wasn't viable.

That said, at 4 weeks, you're looking at getting the Wrangler delivered pretty soon. Regardless of everything else, you should cowboy up and wait to see it and drive it. Then you can make an informed choice. Otherwise the "what-ifs" will always make the GC SRT seem like a bad choice.