Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
F.Y.I. 35" tires on a Sahara or Sport will dog it out without a re-gearing. Many YouTube videos on this make sure that's what your willing to spend. The Rubicon gearing at 4.10 is fine for 35s but not 37s re- gearing needed there also. Me I am sticking with my low rider with 275/65/18s since I have no plans with running rocks! go for it but make the right choice.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
F.Y.I. 35" tires on a Sahara or Sport will dog it out without a re-gearing. Many YouTube videos on this make sure that's what your willing to spend. The Rubicon gearing at 4.10 is fine for 35s but not 37s re- gearing needed there also. Me I am sticking with my low rider with 275/65/18s since I have no plans with running rocks! go for it but make the right choice.
Yeah I couldn’t imagine 35’s on mine. People saying it runs fine with 35’s is pure non-sense. I guess the eye is of the beholder on that one.. I wouldn’t be able to stand it personally. 33/34’s (mine actually measure 34”) (NITTO Ridge Grapplers) is fine for now for me.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I couldn’t imagine 35’s on mine. People saying it runs fine with 35’s is pure non-sense. I guess the eye is of the beholder on that one.. I wouldn’t be able to stand it personally. 33/34’s (mine actually measure 34”) (NITTO Ridge Grapplers) is fine for now for me.
You really feel the difference on highway, 8th gear is just good for going downhill. Sticking with my 32.1 may go to 265/70/18 next that would give me 32.6 which is considered a 33. Putting it in manual shift will give you some more control with the larger tires, enjoy.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
How much of a difference could 1 inch make? ;)

Sponsored

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Most MT tires are rated 10 ply and so are very heavy, that effects overall performance to.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Barricade Adventure HD
34A51266-895B-48AE-A786-7152183F52E4.jpeg

GoRhino Rockline full width rear.
DFAEC6EA-C2E6-4ADB-A955-D8C4338EBD99.jpeg
ive been eyeing the Barricade bumper. did you install it yourself? any issues?

are your fogs led? or halogen. such a pain trying to figure out which bumpers fit which fog lights.

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
ive been eyeing the Barricade bumper. did you install it yourself? any issues?

are your fogs led? or halogen. such a pain trying to figure out which bumpers fit which fog lights.
Self-install, takes about 80-90 minutes, 2 hours tops and most of the time will be spent removing 80 million screws from the factory bumper to get the fog lights/wiring out. I have LED for lights and the Barricade bumper descriptions are good at letting you know if the work with the factory LEDs. No issues at all.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone like the stop start feature? well I hate it so I noticed when driving in manual mode it does not shut down on a stop. I have been driving around for months usually in manual mode and turning the feature off, no need to anymore! great.

Djmatt85

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone like the stop start feature? well I hate it so I noticed when driving in manual mode it does not shut down on a stop. I have been driving around for months usually in manual mode and turning the feature off, no need to anymore! great.
I probably would hate it too. However, with the 6 speed, I can control it with the clutch pedal. I like having that kind of control so I can have it activate at a red light and not necessarily at a stop sign. Lol

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I probably would hate it too. However, with the 6 speed, I can control it with the clutch pedal. I like having that kind of control so I can have it activate at a red light and not necessarily at a stop sign. Lol[/QU