The Non-Rubicon Jl & JLU Thread

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
The standard speakers make my hard top rattle... I can't imagine adding a sub-woofer would make it any more pleasant.
You dont even know Sean, it's awesome... haha I never had a nice car in high school on up through my early 20s when everyone was bumping. Im listening to all the old high school hip hop and heavy metal that I used to listen to just to feel it in my own vehicle this time! I turn the bass up to about 4, treble up to 1 and then blast it! I kinda feel dumb when I pull up to some old lady and she gives me a dirty look but whatever! Im 18 again!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
You dont even know Sean, it's awesome... haha I never had a nice car in high school on up through my early 20s when everyone was bumping. Im listening to all the old high school hip hop and heavy metal that I used to listen to just to feel it in my own vehicle this time! I turn the bass up to about 4, treble up to 1 and then blast it! I kinda feel dumb when I pull up to some old lady and she gives me a dirty look but whatever! Im 18 again!
It might actually work out better with the soft top. Anyone got the upgraded system and the soft top in here?

Sponsored

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
I've made two minor mods to my JLUS to date. I added the MagnaFlow axle back exhaust system which I absolutely love and I replaced the stock radio antenna with a 6" stubby. Since my radio listening is exclusively from SiriusXM these days, I'm not concerned about any reception issues the stubby may/probably produce. For those who may be interested, the MagnaFlow exhaust differs from stock in that it is slightly louder than stock and a good deal deeper in tone. I think it looks really great on the rear of the Jeep, too!

jeep_wrangler_3.jpg

jeep_wrangler_4.jpg
looks great. any MPG gains with the MF ?

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone here who didn't get the Alpine System and regret it? I'm debating on whether its worth it or not. I'm not huge on blasting the music but for those warm summer days without the top, will the standard sound system be enough?
I don't have mine yet but I got the Alpine. From what the other replies are, I'm glad I did!

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
looks great. any MPG gains with the MF ?
Thanks!
Sorry, but I can't answer the mpg question because I only had a couple hundred miles on the odometer when I installed the exhaust system and we went on our first trip with the Jeep post-MF installation so I really don't have anything to compare with my current mpg. It certainly didn't hurt my mileage because I'm getting what I consider quite good gas mileage from the Jeep.

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've made two minor mods to my JLUS to date. I added the MagnaFlow axle back exhaust system which I absolutely love and I replaced the stock radio antenna with a 6" stubby. Since my radio listening is exclusively from SiriusXM these days, I'm not concerned about any reception issues the stubby may/probably produce. For those who may be interested, the MagnaFlow exhaust differs from stock in that it is slightly louder than stock and a good deal deeper in tone. I think it looks really great on the rear of the Jeep, too!

jeep_wrangler_3.jpg

jeep_wrangler_4.jpg
I just installed my magnaflow axelback and couldn’t quite get the pipe all the way to so the bolts went into the notch. Did you hvar the same problem? Is this an issue?

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed my magnaflow axelback and couldn’t quite get the pipe all the way to so the bolts went into the notch. Did you hvar the same problem? Is this an issue?
It was DEFINITELY an issue for me. I had to rent a pipe expander. As you've discovered, the pipe meant to fit onto the factory pipe is too small in diameter to slip right on. Without a pipe expander, there was no way mine was ever going to slip onto the factory pipe. Actually, I couldn't even get mine started let alone back far enough for the notch to get to the alignment bolt. You can either rent an expander from an auto parts store (I went to Advance Auto) or you can ask a local muffler shop to expand it for you.

Sponsored

Romato131

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler jl
Sport S here

Lift, Wheels, and Tires so far.

Other minor upgrades are front window tint, mopar handles, floor mats, door sill protectors, and debadged the sides (haven't taken pictures since then).

fqG9Me8.jpg

YK4y34N.jpg
What size lift and size tire you go with love that set up looks real good

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
It might actually work out better with the soft top. Anyone got the upgraded system and the soft top in here?
I have dual top with upgraded audio and didn't encounter the rattle. I haven't listened at 11 though either. Sound is noticeably better, but you could upgrade stock for better sound. The upgraded sub is definitely noticeable, but a couple minor points. 1. Wish they added seperate sub gain in the menu for it. 2. It isn't going to thump like a relatively cheap aftermarket amp with a nice (read volume) enclosure.

I'm totally happy with it though...plenty for me and the younger kids, haha!

(JLUR driver sneaking back out)

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I love sound and looked seriously at the Alpine.. For 1400 bucks? Uhhhh no. I went base set up. For $900 I'll get a JL sub/amp combo and some Infinity components and won't look back... Here's my Tacoma and it destroys that alpine for less..

05 toy 014.jpg

I've got the upgraded system. The bigger screen is nice, it's all clean in the back and stock looking which is good.

But yes for the money, you could get improved DIY sound similar to what you show that could outperform the alpine. Add some front/mid upgrades too. Although with that setup even a little more volume in that enclosure would make a world of difference in the sound quality. (I know space is premium there and in the wrangler though). I'd bet even that tight enclosure may beat the upgraded audio system, although you can't beat physics (enclosure volume) to get good sound, that speaker/amp/crossover probably does quite well.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I have dual top with upgraded audio and didn't encounter the rattle. I haven't listened at 11 though either. Sound is noticeably better, but you could upgrade stock for better sound. The upgraded sub is definitely noticeable, but a couple minor points. 1. Wish they added seperate sub gain in the menu for it. 2. It isn't going to thump like a relatively cheap aftermarket amp with a nice (read volume) enclosure.

I'm totally happy with it though...plenty for me and the younger kids, haha!

(JLUR driver sneaking back out)
lol, but wouldn't it still make my hard top rattle? That's the problem I'm having even, with the standard system.
Sponsored