Sponsored

The Most Versatile Tire

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
So Im looking for a 35 inch Tire (315/70/r17) to pair with Icon Rebound Wheels along with a 1 inch Spacer lift for a JL Sahara.
Now Ive been searching and searching these forums along with Google and Ive seen mixed results on some of the most popular options.
So my question is this- What is the most Versatile tire to throw on a JL? By Versatility, I dont mean only Mud, Snow, Sand, etc, but I also mean Weight, Price, Daily Drivability, Warranty, Road Noise and Looks.

Some things Ive read-

Patagonia- Cheapest, but soft rubber, so it can wear out quicker, and one of the better bang for the buck tire. Loved on this forum.

Falken Wild Peak- Also a cheap option, but very seldom bought tire compared to others.

Mickey Thompson Baja- not enough info.

Toyo Open Country- The best for daily drivers but also the heaviest. Looks great. Quietest.

Cooper STT Pro- pulls to the right. Heavy. Best looking but probably most versatile.

BF Goodrich K02- the OG of JL tires. Great tire but not beefy enough. Doesnt really feel like an "upgrade".

BF Goodrich KM3- not enough info. Very expensive.

Goodyear Duratrac- I haven't searched this one much.

Nitto Ridge Grappler- Beefiest of the bunch. Well liked Tire. Louder than others.

Originally, I liked the Toyo Open Country the most but the weight is concerning. Then I looked into the Cooper and the pull made me sway away from it.
Im intrigued by the BFGoodrich KM3 for now, but I still would like to justify the other tires.
Thanks!
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
There's a lot of good tires on that list. The best overall tire? KO2. Hands down. Quietest, lightest and damn good in just about anything. Buy what you can live with. I'm sure 99% of your driving will be on the road, like the majority. Loud, heavy tires get old really fast.

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
So Im looking for a 35 inch Tire (315/70/r17) to pair with Icon Rebound Wheels along with a 1 inch Spacer lift for a JL Sahara.
Now Ive been searching and searching these forums along with Google and Ive seen mixed results on some of the most popular options.
So my question is this- What is the most Versatile tire to throw on a JL? By Versatility, I dont mean only Mud, Snow, Sand, etc, but I also mean Weight, Price, Daily Drivability, Warranty, Road Noise and Looks.

Some things Ive read-

Patagonia- Cheapest, but soft rubber, so it can wear out quicker, and one of the better bang for the buck tire. Loved on this forum.

Falken Wild Peak- Also a cheap option, but very seldom bought tire compared to others.

Mickey Thompson Baja- not enough info.

Toyo Open Country- The best for daily drivers but also the heaviest. Looks great. Quietest.

Cooper STT Pro- pulls to the right. Heavy. Best looking but probably most versatile.

BF Goodrich K02- the OG of JL tires. Great tire but not beefy enough. Doesnt really feel like an "upgrade".

BF Goodrich KM3- not enough info. Very expensive.

Goodyear Duratrac- I haven't searched this one much.

Nitto Ridge Grappler- Beefiest of the bunch. Well liked Tire. Louder than others.

Originally, I liked the Toyo Open Country the most but the weight is concerning. Then I looked into the Cooper and the pull made me sway away from it.
Im intrigued by the BFGoodrich KM3 for now, but I still would like to justify the other tires.
Thanks!
Agree with above KO2 is exceptional but I would give the Patagonia a second look because its the lightest along with the KO2 and will cause you the least amount of wear on your brakes/balljoints etc. and not hit your MPGs as hard...and you can buy 2 sets of Pats practically for the same price as the KM3....we have them on 2 jeeps and have been keeping track of the wear...seem to be doing pretty well to us. Good luck!

UDUBJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T
You have to look at the Cooper ST Maxx. I absolutely love them. 3ply side wall. Good in mud, great in snow and rain.

OP
OP

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
Supposedly theres a another tire out that looks very similar to the Toyo Open Country but its cheaper and a bit louder. Its called the Atturo Trail Blade. I wonder if anybody on the forum has any experience with it.

Sponsored

WheelsASAP.com

First Name
Kali
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelsasap.com
Vehicle(s)
TRD Pro
Occupation
Wheel Guru
The Nitto Ridge Grappler is the most aggressive looking all terrain tires you can get. They also aren't that loud. You get MT look on the sidewall with AT pattern.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
We have 6 JLURs in our group that run 37x12.5R17 Cooper STT Pro tires. Between us we have over almost 100,000 miles of use and none of ours pull to the right? If someone is having that problem, it is a set up problem, not likely a tire problem. I have 21,000 miles on my STT pro with no problems by myself.

forgot and one Gladiator.

The tires still look great at 21000 miles.

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I like the Wildpeak AT3W. Excellent handling, traction in dry, wet, snow, dirt. Quiet. Good sidewalls if rocks are encountered.

Canuck714

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2014 Roush Raptor, 2020 JLU Willy's
Vehicle Showcase
All I have is BFG input.
K02 is a great all round tire for the JL. Quiet, light, rides good in a C. If you are driving daily, this is probably one of the best choices.
KM3 is a good tire as well, I run them in a 37 on my Raptor. Not cheap, but we get pit support from BFG when we go desert racing, so I'm partial to them. Feels a little squirmy on the pavement at times, don't know if I will put them on the JL or stay with K02 for this reason. The JL is my wifes daily, but we do play offroad with it.

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport
I've ran bf Goodrich on so many trucks in the past. They are a fantastic tire. Current tire on my jeep is the duratrac now. I've been very happy with them in all conditions.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!