the FOB

VooDoo1

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S, 2007 FJ Cruiser
Fob with house key only. Always in my pocket except to lock & unlock. I need access to the switchblade key to unlock my gas cap.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
My Key rings has to weight in at 10lbs. I have Jeep fob, keyless fob (after market JL Sport Power lock install I did), ATV Keys, Ranch gate Keys, Tractor Keys, Work Keys to building, Work Keys to Office, and a few more LOL.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I miss the days when you could just shove a key into a dashboard. I hate the push button start. I get in the car now and have to find a place to sit my keys. Put them in the passenger seat? The console? Don't want it in my pocket when I drive. I loved just shoving that key into the dash/column. I'm lucky now to even remember to turn the car off when I get home. That never happened when I had a traditional key.
Yea and now these low life thieves steal your signal too.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Transported in the back of my friend's JLU, bus. Won't fit in my JL 2dr.

fob-jpg.jpg
Classic pic Rhinebeck, stupid impatient me decided to order these real good fob protectors from Amazon that protect your signal. They're made in Germany. 40 bucks a piece. Don't ya know these pillow size fobs don't fit in them!

Sponsored

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
You old people sure are something. Just order your Jeep with proximity entry, leave the key in your pocket, and never look at it again. If you’re the kind of person to walk away from your vehicle with it still running, it might be time to check yourself into a nice “retirement facility”.
Quick story. I had a Ford Explorer with a key that didn't need to be inserted. Drove it to the county fair. Walked around for about 3 hours. Came out at night and was wondering why the explorer's lights were on. Well, I left it running and didn't notice because it was so quiet. I still had enough fuel to get to the gas station. Never did that again

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
I was going to get rid of my F150, I decided to keep it so we have a vehicle to haul they Jeep FOB around.

ZONA.OVRLND

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 392 Hemi Wrangler - Follow on IG @ zona.ovrlnd
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a griffin pocket tool (original size) and then carry my keys in my pocket. I use the pocket tool to hang it from my pocket (but with the keys on the inside of my pocket, not outside hanging).

That way it keeps the keys from sinking to the bottom of my pocket, since i also carry my wallet in the same pocket. Sometimes i don't even notice that they're there because it doesn't get all bunched up in my pocket
Sponsored