That looks expensive

whiskey jack

First Name
marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jl
Yep - a dumb mistake multiplied by drowning a couple vehicles. Alcohol may have been a factor? My nephew did the same thing but managed to get the boat loaded on a trailer which he proceeded to tow up a boat ramp (hull full of water). Blew four trailer tires and rear tires on pick up.
Found more info:

tafacer2
•
Jun 22, 2020
This happened right by my house. I also work as an LEO and was able to talk to responding officers and learned a few things.

1- 2019 Ford Raptor, brand new. 2- The Jeep was a Hellcat engine swap. 3- The boat was valued at 300k+ 4- He owns a helicopter as well. I’ll attach a picture if it.

He was cruising in his boat and getting on it a little too much and he blew a supercharger. When it blew it put a hole in his hull and he started to sink. He used his Jeep (which is actually his wife’s, if he is still married lol) to run the winch line to the boat but the boat started to pull the Jeep in. So he then grabbed his Raptor and attached it to the Jeep. The boat then proceeded to pull both of them in.

His estimated personal net worth is 500 million so I’m sure he’s not too worried. Boat is supposedly less than three months old and a custom order.

Edit- spelling.
Sponsored

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yep - a dumb mistake multiplied by drowning a couple vehicles. Alcohol may have been a factor? My nephew did the same thing but managed to get the boat loaded on a trailer which he proceeded to tow up a boat ramp (hull full of water). Blew four trailer tires and rear tires on pick up.
Aw. So close.

Had he pulled the plug and inched it up (for like an hour) he would've made it.

I aint gonna judge because I'd probably a) try the same recovery and b) not think of the water weight either in that moment.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

thats a bad bad day `_-

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i wonder if the wrangler owner is thinking if a snorkle would work in this situation.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I am thinking they could have bought a couple thousand tow straps for the cost of sinkng those vehicles.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I am thinking they could have bought a couple thousand tow straps for the cost of sinkng those vehicles.
That man is more rich than practical. When he’s sober, he probably spells physics with an F. When he’s drunk, well... he sinks a boat, two expensive vehicles (the Ford belongs flooded and in the water) and racks up an incredible bill to fix his shit. :facepalm:

Sucks for him. :CWL:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
That man is more rich than practical. When he’s sober, he probably spells physics with an F. When he’s drunk, well... he sinks a boat, two expensive vehicles (the Ford belongs flooded and in the water) and racks up an incredible bill to fix his shit. :facepalm:

Sucks for him. :CWL:
some people money doesn't matter. I have a friend that spends a couple thousand each weekend in the summer just on fuel in his boat. Money is not an issue. That guy might be the same way.
Sponsored