Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undercontrollabs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR Sting-Gray
Occupation
Developer, Home Automation and AV
Not trying to thread jack, but is it safe to do a wax the day you bring home a freshly ordered JLU? I waited about 4 months before I did my JL, but only because I got it in the dead of Winter.

I was thinking I'd do a quick wash the day it comes home and then go straight into a ceramic coating. I've been wanting to try that on my JL, but haven't had the time to do a claybar/polish first to prep an older vehicle.
If you are referring to the paint curing and gassing out. Yes it should be safe. Manufactures have curing steps in their paint processes. If you take it to a body shop for work, then you need to wait up to 90 days depending on several conditions.

For example the AMMO NYC 964 was Xpel’d and coated 7 days after paint because they baked it and did other steps to speed up the curing.
Sponsored

gurneyeagle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi TT RS and 2017 Audi Q3
This guy attempts to dispel the gas blower myth...

That's the guy that lives in The Villages in FL. His garage is amazing.

I've used a blower before, and they are no match for a Master Blaster; it's not even close. His argument is more about weighing the convenience of the leaf blower versus the performance of the Master Blaster. The performance isn't even close because you can focus the air on a much smaller area with the MB.

In the end, it comes down to what is of value to you. When I get a Jeep - waiting to order a 2020 Sport - it's not going to get the same treatment as my Audi. I'll probably just use a blade and a chamois.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
That's the guy that lives in The Villages in FL. His garage is amazing.

I've used a blower before, and they are no match for a Master Blaster; it's not even close. His argument is more about weighing the convenience of the leaf blower versus the performance of the Master Blaster. The performance isn't even close because you can focus the air on a much smaller area with the MB.

In the end, it comes down to what is of value to you. When I get a Jeep - waiting to order a 2020 Sport - it's not going to get the same treatment as my Audi. I'll probably just use a blade and a chamois.
Yeah, I plan to use mine up. No wraps, no ceramic coatings, maybe some spray wax. :)

I use one of these...

https://www.amazon.com/Variable-Spe...F8&qid=1530206604&sr=8-13&keywords=eco+blower

OP
OP

impatientray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

Socceref

First Name
Ref
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara (loaded)
Thanks. One question. On my Sahara, I believe the seats and arm rests are real leather. The dash and other parts are simulated leather. Even with stiching the dash is not real leather. Only the seats and arm rests need leather cleaner. Agreed?
Sponsored