millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So, what does everyone do with the top off? Just not wash it until winter/ you put the top back on? I don’t mind a little dirt but my black Jeep is starting to look brown ;)
Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
I wash. Just can't go crazy. Pay attention to direction of spray. For light dirt I use waterless wash and wipe away.

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
I do good prep first wash and seal the paint nicely (all blackfire products) and then I do rinseless wash every 10 days or so, very easy and quick!

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Ok...I must be an odd ball. One of my many reasons for buying a JEEP was so I would never wash it when I have the hard top on. I have only washed it twice since due to gunk on the soft top windows. I will do a full detail before making the swap back to the hard top this fall, clean and polish the windows before storing them away. But man....mud, dirt, rust,... I thought that was a JEEP thing.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I do a quick wash. I also use ONR sometimes.

Sponsored

aberndtsson

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017, Jeep Wrangler, Sahara
Occupation
Automotive Engineering Technician
I'm washing it. Can't looking my black jeep turns brown, that annoys me :mad:

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Every Jeep I’ve owned has been washed with the top off. They have also been cleaner underneath and in the engine compartment than most of the vehicles I’ve owned. I wheeled the heck out of my old jeeps as they were strictly toys and if I broke them, which I did many times, I wouldn’t have to worry about getting to work the next day. Those were serious Jeeps though and I needed to be able to conduct thorough pre-trail checks for stress cracks, broken u-joints, steering component wear and damage, motor mount issues, check the bushings, ball joints, brake lines, air lines etc... you can’t do that on a filthy Jeep that’s covered in dirt or grease. They’d get cleaned up within a day or two of coming off the trail and checked over again for any damage or wear. Guess it’s my racing background or the fact that I didn’t like working on a dirty Jeep.

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ok...I must be an odd ball. One of my many reasons for buying a JEEP was so I would never wash it when I have the hard top on. I have only washed it twice since due to gunk on the soft top windows. I will do a full detail before making the swap back to the hard top this fall, clean and polish the windows before storing them away. But man....mud, dirt, rust,... I thought that was a JEEP thing.
Oh it is a Jeep thing but after 3 months i thought I should probably at least hose it down. Get it cleaned up okay and didn’t get any water in it.
Sponsored