Bluegrassjlu

Bluegrassjlu

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Eh, if you want to set the coilovers up for carrying a lot of weight and then no weight pretty frequently they are hard to set up. You can do it with quite a bit stiffer spring rates but the ride will suffer a bit. You could set the crossover ring to hold it but defeats the dual rate. If it changes alot stick to standard, to be honest. When i tow my can am im riding on bumps. It squts me 5 inches
I messaged with Jeremy from rock krawler, and I'm calling them tomorrow. Our Jeep doesn't change weight very much I don't think. We don't have a tow hitch. The only changes is when it goes from my wife driving to us, and our 2 kids in the back. Other than that it's when we take the doors, and hard top off. Would that be enough weight charge to cause a problem?
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I messaged with Jeremy from rock krawler, and I'm calling them tomorrow. Our Jeep doesn't change weight very much I don't think. We don't have a tow hitch. The only changes is when it goes from my wife driving to us, and our 2 kids in the back. Other than that it's when we take the doors, and hard top off. Would that be enough weight charge to cause a problem?
Nah, my weight fluctuates about the same, i dont notice much to be honest. Only towing and fully loaded with camping gear, not the end of the world. For a good ride on coilovers you cant go wrong with accutunes if thats who you were planning. No experience with rock krawlers coil overs. My evo kit has taken me a lot of tuning rounds to get it to where i like it. It was okay out of the box but not great, my accutuned shocks were wonderful. just for reference.

samorris960

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I'm running the Teraflex IR Long Arm. Only been about 500 road miles but impressed so far. The arms are beefy and great if you're looking at stretching your wheelbase and/or running a taller lift.

Currently looking at switching to a coilover and AccuTune universal has caught my eye. Everyone's kits are pretty pricey, but if you can get the brackets and coilovers separately, I think it will save you a ton. I believe AccuTune 2.0 is a bolt on kit, not sure if they sell just those brackets. There's a couple others out there with bolt on but again not sure if they'll sell just the brackets.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Terraflex used to be very high end gear. Hasn't been that way for quite some time now. Rock Krawler is the only way I'd go for long arms.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
....Currently looking at switching to a coilover and AccuTune universal has caught my eye. Everyone's kits are pretty pricey, but if you can get the brackets and coilovers separately, I think it will save you a ton. I believe AccuTune 2.0 is a bolt on kit, not sure if they sell just those brackets. There's a couple others out there with bolt on but again not sure if they'll sell just the brackets.
Our kit uses custom spec'd coilovers, wont work with off the shelf coilovers. We designed them that way to get the most travel with low lift height.

Sponsored

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
Moto 21 - I was struggling with that hi/lo weight issue. None of the off-the-shelf suspension systems had coil rates to handle lots of weight. Accutune came the closest ... they really know their stuff. At the end of it all though, for this particular build, my builder reccomended the Offroad Only AiRock air suspension. The four bags take the place of the coils with 2.5 RadFlo shocks. Allows for self-leveling on the airbags, can go down on highway, up for crawling, and manage the constantly changing weight for long overlanding trips vs. runs to the local trail park to crawl. I had not seen a lot of press on this solution - it seems like everyone wants King blue - but it really fit that changing weight conundrum well. https://offroadonly.com/airock/

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Moto 21 - I was struggling with that hi/lo weight issue. None of the off-the-shelf suspension systems had coil rates to handle lots of weight. Accutune came the closest ... they really know their stuff. At the end of it all though, for this particular build, my builder reccomended the Offroad Only AiRock air suspension. The four bags take the place of the coils with 2.5 RadFlo shocks. Allows for self-leveling on the airbags, can go down on highway, up for crawling, and manage the constantly changing weight for long overlanding trips vs. runs to the local trail park to crawl. I had not seen a lot of press on this solution - it seems like everyone wants King blue - but it really fit that changing weight conundrum well. https://offroadonly.com/airock/
Haha sorry you didnt tag me correctly, i just came across this browsing. As for that kit, i have no clue. Ive only used air bags on trucks and they ride like shit but get the job done with loads. Id worry about articulation and offroading with air bags, if it pinches or something punctures it youre now flopping around.

Id look more into something of a good spring rate and if youreally were concerned about it figure out a way to mount additional air bags with daystar cradles so they can be freefloting air bags that you dont have to worry about ripping and when you need the load capacity pump the bags up.

but ultimately id figure out the weight you have majority of the time, find the spring rate needed or as close to it you can get (besides coilovers) and run spacers to get the height back. If its constantly changing youre kinda just gonna have to find a middle ground theres not really a way around it.

id just hate to trust an air bag offroading. We took my friends GC with air ride offroading andwe have it modified to allow a high lift height in the bags and the ride sucked, and we were constantly worried about ripping them or getting a puncture.
Sponsored