Teraflex adjustable spare tire bracket?

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Anyone using one if these adjustable spare tire bracket.
If so how much Gail in inches can you get from stock location. I need to clear an aftermarket bumper and tire 33" needs to go up at least 3".

Thanks.
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I put one on a week or so ago. I’m pretty sure it only went up about 2” from stock height.

baskiboat

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4XE, Sting Gray
I think I got more than 2" I use it with 37's. I also have the HD tailgate bracket which I think moved it up.

20220115_221634.jpg

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
Recently installed one also; here's a picture from the installation instructions. There are three sets of height adjustment holes, and they appear to be 1-1/2" between each set. I've got the steel bumper and stock 33" tires so I'm using 'Hole 2' and there's a little over an inch of clearance to my bumper.

So with the 33's that's the inch+ of clearance and then another 1-1/2" for moving to 'Hole 3' for a total of 2-1/2"+ with the steel bumper. Daughter's ran off with the JL for a few days, but if you want I can get your the exact clearance of 33's when she returns.

If you are replacing a plastic bumper it looks like you'll get your 3" no problem.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex adjustable spare tire bracket? Terraflex Mount

Sponsored

OP
OP
mdkautzman

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Thanks everyone! Great responses and much appreciated!

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Recently installed one also; here's a picture from the installation instructions. There are three sets of height adjustment holes, and they appear to be 1-1/2" between each set. I've got the steel bumper and stock 33" tires so I'm using 'Hole 2' and there's a little over an inch of clearance to my bumper.

So with the 33's that's the inch+ of clearance and then another 1-1/2" for moving to 'Hole 3' for a total of 2-1/2"+ with the steel bumper. Daughter's ran off with the JL for a few days, but if you want I can get your the exact clearance of 33's when she returns.

If you are replacing a plastic bumper it looks like you'll get your 3" no problem.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex adjustable spare tire bracket? Terraflex Mount
I think you’re making an assumption that the bottom most holes put the mounting studs in the same position as the factory ones but that pic says NA for position 1 with a steel bumper and stock tires.

My 315/70r17 was lightly touching the factory bumper athe bottom with the factory spare tire mount. It’s measuring now around 1.75” after the Teraflex mount.

Jeep Wrangler JL Teraflex adjustable spare tire bracket? BCB32137-08DB-420C-A86F-3D8AD3F29FDC

All that said, OP - are you sure you need 3” of clearance? It seems that would be almost even with the bottom of the tailgate.

OP
OP
mdkautzman

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I'm purchased one of these mini numbers. This is what I need to clear.
Screenshot_20220116-074906.png

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah I see. I think it would work but I'd also be hesitant to buy something based on such a flimsy recommendation. You mentioned 33" tires, was that just for reference or will you actually be keeping that size?

OP
OP
mdkautzman

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Ah I see. I think it would work but I'd also be hesitant to buy something based on such a flimsy recommendation. You mentioned 33" tires, was that just for reference or will you actually be keeping that size?
Keeping the 33" tires. Not looking to go any bigger.

Sponsored

Left Field

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 RS-SS Camaro, 2021 JLUR392
I think you’re making an assumption that the bottom most holes put the mounting studs in the same position as the factory ones but that pic says NA for position 1 with a steel bumper and stock tires.
I agree that 'Hole 1' is NA with the steel bumper - the tire would hit. I'm running the stock steel bumper w the stock 33's, so used 'Hole 2', which appeared to raise the tire just slightly.

Similar on mine, a 35" tire probably would have squeezed in using the factory mount but would fit easily in 'Hole 2'. So I agree that with the steel bumper there is only one remaining hole height to use, gaining a single 1-1/2" increment, which with the existing 1+ inch of clearance for a 33" gives the 2-1/2" number.

'Hole 1' as you suggest does confuse me. It appears to actually lower the tire? And is the plastic bumper that much lower (so you can use 'hole 1' and 33's?

Brad - do you recall which mount position you are using? I am planning on upping tire size, looks like you are good with at least 37-38" tires?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep I’m in the top most hole
Sponsored