First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It’s a mix of distance out from the tailgate and height off the bumper. The steel bumper is more prone as with it the sensors are a bit higher with relation to the tire. I love the carrier and the fact that my tire will be in tighter again. Getting a few more inches of visibility out the back window will be nice too. With the current relocation bracket, it just looks sloppy.
The increased visibility is a huge plus. I actually feel like I have useful rear visibility now without the CHMSL stuck up top like an afterthought.
Sponsored

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
Mine came in today, will install this weekend and report back. I currently have all 3 of the mopar pieces (reinforcement, carrier adjuster, third brake light bracket) on the stock carrier with a 37/12.5/17 STT pro on a 17x9 -12mm offset wheel. This setup has worked pretty good for me for the last 8 months or so, but I'm noticing a little more movement on the uptravel (if that makes sense) when I hit bumps. Our roads out here are a notch above horrendous, so it's getting a workout. I'm hoping with the Teraflex piece, bringing the tire much closer to the gate will dramatically reduce the cantilever effect that I have going on now. If not, it's all going up for sale and I'm getting a complete steel carrier, lol.

Well, install went perfectly till the last step (putting the wheel back on). The hub diameter of my wheels are too narrow to fit (slide over) the mount. So it’s either take the wheels to a shop to have them homed out or just go to the full steel carrier setup. Pretty disappointed, was hoping this was gonna work out. Oh well, off to the classifieds I go.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well, install went perfectly till the last step (putting the wheel back on). The hub diameter of my wheels are too narrow to fit (slide over) the mount. So it’s either take the wheels to a shop to have them homed out or just go to the full steel carrier setup. Pretty disappointed, was hoping this was gonna work out. Oh well, off to the classifieds I go.
What wheels do you have? I have garage time coming on Wednesday.

Sponsored

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How far were you off? Now I am afraid about my 78.1mm bore.
Far enough that it will take machine work to fit. I would say at least an eighth or so all around. You can see from the pics where the paint scratched (rather easy too) on the flat sides. It wasn’t close. Teraflex should put out some hub requirements on these. I bought it from Northridge but I doubt they would take it back, so I’ll just sell in classifieds to try and recoup some of it.
CCAE1C35-9836-4E93-BFC9-C8D8008EA3EC.jpeg
B6096A48-A811-4F61-B56D-8CAB4FFC19FD.jpeg

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Far enough that it will take machine work to fit. I would say at least an eighth or so all around. You can see from the pics where the paint scratched (rather easy too) on the flat sides. It wasn’t close. Teraflex should put out some hub requirements on these. I bought it from Northridge but I doubt they would take it back, so I’ll just sell in classifieds to try and recoup some of it.
I tried the teraflex website but could not find it listed there anymore. Did they include touch up paint? If not this thing is going to look pretty badly after a few tire rotations.

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I tried the teraflex website but could not find it listed there anymore. Did they include touch up paint? If not this thing is going to look pretty badly after a few tire rotations.
No touch up paint at all

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
All installed and my 37 inch Nitto Ridge Grapplers fit perfectly like the old stock tires did with the original mopar spare tire bumpers. It is tight to the tailgate at the highest of the three settings and the sensors are working perfectly on my oem steel bumper. I already had the mopar tailgate reinforcement and just left it on as my tailgate reinforcement.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
69C23E6D-6DA9-4B54-86BB-9723DA7C5D2B.jpeg

The brake light even fits perfectly as well. I was actually really impressed with how well this kit came together.

Sponsored

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Hi all!
I installed this kit on my 2018 JLUR. I have 315/70/R19 BFG KO2s. The kit is very well designed, much sturdier than the OEM tire carrier. The OEM weight of tires and wheels is about 8 lbs. less than my current setup. The only issue I have had is the torque on the bolts to the tailgate. I over torqued one bolt that broke.

Otherwise, I ordered from Northridge 4x4 and I was surprised with the incredible speed of delivery. This was my first order from NR and not my last. I ordered on Wednesday, July 3rd @130PM and received the kit at noon on July 5th. Any issues ongoing will be addressed to Teraflex, although I do not expect any problems. My only issue was ordering before I discovered the existence of a Northridge 4x4 discount. So this proves I am not all that smart. LOL Cheers

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Anyone know how much does this weigh? Compared to the stock tire carrier?