OP
OP
76_iron

76_iron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ5
Some great advice here, thanks. I get range anxiety in my 2 door, should I pack extra fuel?
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Some great advice here, thanks. I get range anxiety in my 2 door, should I pack extra fuel?
No, each pass end is near a city. As long as you don’t start one with less than a half tank you shouldn’t have any issues.

In the 4xe, no battery charge, it was 3/4 of the 17 gallon tank to do Ophir, Cinnamon, and Engineer in one shot.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
If you're taking your CJ5 you might :) JL will be fine! Have a great trip, wish I could be up there again :)

OP
OP
76_iron

76_iron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ5
If you're taking your CJ5 you might :) JL will be fine! Have a great trip, wish I could be up there again :)
I'm sure it would make for a better story if I took the cj5, but its going to be the JLR this trip

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
I'll recommend using Trails Offroad as well. It is $25 for access to all trails and it is easy to use/search for trails. They have reviews from others who are able to rat trails so they can keep it accurate. Their app is easy to use and you can download entire states so you have access regardless of if you have cell service or not.

As others have stated, let people here know when/where you are thinking and you could likely have company without having to worry about meeting anyone at the trailheads.

https://www.trailsoffroad.com

OP
OP
76_iron

76_iron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ5
Did this trip this week. Stayed at Hotel Ouray.
Day 1 did Imogene Pass then 550 to Ouray.
Day 2 was Alpine Loop.
Day 3 Black Bear and Ophir.
Day 4 Poughkeepsie.
Poughkeepsie was the only difficult trail, got up the wall without problems then almost rolled it on an optional climb 100 yards later, had to use the winch.
Great trip overall.
Sponsored