Where to air up in Telluride / Ouray

jerseydelt

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Total noob question here. I'm heading to Telluride with the family this weekend and hoping to traverse Imogene Pass / Yankee Boy Basin. I'm very new to off roading and don't have my own air supply. Does anyone know if there are spots in Telluride and Ouray to air back up if I air down for the trails?
Sponsored

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
In Ouray we talked with the guy running the Phillips 66 for awhile. Super nice guy and offered any service. I'm betting if you patronized his store he'd let you air up.

Ouray Riverside Resort / Store & Gas Station & Car Wash
1804 Main St, Ouray, CO 81427

OP
OP
jerseydelt

jerseydelt

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I recommend buying a compressor. My experience with air compressors at gas stations is that most do not work.

I've been abusing a VIAR 400P for about 4 years now. It is only recommended for up to 35" tires, but I've been using it for my 37s for several months, sometimes 2-5x a week. We've even aired up 2 sets of 35s with it without letting it rest. It isnt the fastest thing out there but it is WAY faster than any of the cigarette lighter style compressors. I dont think you can beat it for the price.

The twin ARB is the way to go if you dont mind spending the extra $$, especially if you are going to be getting larger tires.

**It looks like they have changed the output on them to a pistol grip style, which sucks since you have to hold it the whole time. Mine clips on and I'll usually hop back in the driver seat and watch the TPMS readings while it inflates.
Sponsored