Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
A pic from Lake City. You know... just to tease you .

I hope you do all of it in a day. Take a thousand pics. Then post them all for my own enjoyment. :)

20180524_151335.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@B_AIRS - have you done your trip yet? I'm heading to Ouray next week and planning trails and was curious about your experience.
Hey IronScott, I just got back from my trip. It was epic. I did in fact make that entire loop in a day. We started at about 8 in the morning and were off the trail before 6 that evening. We stopped at all the picture spots and I had time to fly the drone as well. I will be writing a trip journal but below is a list of the trails I hit last week:

Black Bear Pass
Last Dollar Road
Mineral Creek
Engineer Pass
Cinnamon Pass
California Gulch
Hurricane Pass
Corkscrew Pass
Red Mountain Mining District
Ophir Pass
Imogene Pass
Yankee Boy Basin
Governor Basin
Sydney Basin

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey IronScott, I just got back from my trip. It was epic. I did in fact make that entire loop in a day. We started at about 8 in the morning and were off the trail before 6 that evening. We stopped at all the picture spots and I had time to fly the drone as well. I will be writing a trip journal but below is a list of the trails I hit last week:

Black Bear Pass
Last Dollar Road
Mineral Creek
Engineer Pass
Cinnamon Pass
California Gulch
Hurricane Pass
Corkscrew Pass
Ophir Pass
Imogene Pass
Yankee Boy Basin
Governor Basin
Sydney Basin
Beautiful, please a do posting ! Last year's heavy snow pack prevented me from running all the trails I wanted to do. Hoping to get back this fall. BTW, When I was there in JULY, I was amazed at the number of folks on the trails. W]It was a lot like trails in California receiving too much love haha.

OP
OP
B_AIRS

B_AIRS

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sr. Applications Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Beautiful, please a do posting ! Last year's heavy snow pack prevented me from running all the trails I wanted to do. Hoping to get back this fall. BTW, When I was there in JULY, I was amazed at the number of folks on the trails. W]It was a lot like trails in California receiving too much love haha.
Here is a link to my write up: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-in-the-san-juan-mountains-of-colorado.57620/

There was definitely a lot of traffic on Engineer Pass and Imogene pass, but the others weren't quite so bad. I think it helped that most of the trails we did during the week and after most kids have to go back to school.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Beautiful post and pictures, well done sir and thanks for sharing. I only wheel weekdays and am still never allow on the trail. Sometimes a good feeling too.

Sponsored

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
The route you have is a great route. Like some said it is long, but well worth it. I have done the exact route many times.

Sam

Edit. I see you did it. Great.

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado

Black Bear Pass
Last Dollar Road
Mineral Creek
Engineer Pass
Cinnamon Pass
California Gulch
Hurricane Pass
Corkscrew Pass
Ophir Pass
Imogene Pass
Yankee Boy Basin
Governor Basin
Sydney Basin
Great list! We are leaving this morning. Didn't get to hit a lot of trails but enough to have an absolute blast and start planning for another trip. The Mrs isn't really into wheeling so she had her fill of shelf roads and obstacles. I'll probably come back with a group next time. We were solo so I backed out of some trails given the higher possibility of issues.

Only ended up with two days of trails in Ouray and one in Moab. I chose to do mountain biking yesterday instead of more trails. I would also like to have hiked some trails - unreal amount of hiking trails here. I love doing all sorts of outdoors things and there is so much to do here it's hard to make a choice.

We did these:

Yankee Boy Basin
Portland Mine
Imogene Pass
Bridal Veil Falls from Telluride up Black Bear to the top of the falls
Ophir Pass

We also went to Moab one day and did Fins and Things and Onion Creek. Couldn't talk the boss into Hell's Revenge but FnT was great!

Mountain biked the Ridgway Area Trails (RAT). Really great set of trails just 20 minutes up the road. Definitely recommend for anyone going who likes to bike.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Great list! We are leaving this morning. Didn't get to hit a lot of trails but enough to have an absolute blast and start planning for another trip. The Mrs isn't really into wheeling so she had her fill of shelf roads and obstacles. I'll probably come back with a group next time. We were solo so I backed out of some trails given the higher possibility of issues.

Only ended up with two days of trails in Ouray and one in Moab. I chose to do mountain biking yesterday instead of more trails. I would also like to have hiked some trails - unreal amount of hiking trails here. I love doing all sorts of outdoors things and there is so much to do here it's hard to make a choice.

We did these:

Yankee Boy Basin
Portland Mine
Imogene Pass
Bridal Veil Falls from Telluride up Black Bear to the top of the falls
Ophir Pass

We also went to Moab one day and did Fins and Things and Onion Creek. Couldn't talk the boss into Hell's Revenge but FnT was great!

Mountain biked the Ridgway Area Trails (RAT). Really great set of trails just 20 minutes up the road. Definitely recommend for anyone going who likes to bike.
If you ever want the tour of Durango singletrack look me up
Sponsored