Tazer mini problems on JLUR

Cali-JeepJL

First Name
Rowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
ive really struggled getting the tazer mini working properly with new TPMS tire pressure levels

I have 37’s I run at 30 psi. Without tazer I get low tire warnings.

Install tazer and set tire pressure to 30, do a full reboot.

Tire pressure light comes on but the dashboard tpms view shows all tires at 30 and not “low”. It seems the light is different from the view.

The only way I can get it to work is to turn off TPMS entirely.

As was mentioned in other threads,
I’ve tried Unmarried and unplugging the tazer, setting the tires to 37psi to remove errors, reinstalling tazer and then resetting TPMS level to 30psi, then lowering the tire pressure. No dice. Same problem.

Any ideas!?
Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Aren't you setting the Tazer TPMS to the PSI that you want the light to come on?

So, if you run 30 PSI you should have the light lower, say 28 PSI?

BTW, I run 26 in my 37's as it rides a lot better and the tires wear evenly and TPMS off.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I set the TPMS at 25 and run my tires at 26 cold and they warm to 28psi.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
ive really struggled getting the tazer mini working properly with new TPMS tire pressure levels

I have 37’s I run at 30 psi. Without tazer I get low tire warnings.

Install tazer and set tire pressure to 30, do a full reboot.

Tire pressure light comes on but the dashboard tpms view shows all tires at 30 and not “low”. It seems the light is different from the view.

The only way I can get it to work is to turn off TPMS entirely.

As was mentioned in other threads,
I’ve tried Unmarried and unplugging the tazer, setting the tires to 37psi to remove errors, reinstalling tazer and then resetting TPMS level to 30psi, then lowering the tire pressure. No dice. Same problem.

Any ideas!?
Instead of the Tazer which I considered, I went ith an OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth and the ALFAOBD software. It's lets you program the Body Control Module better than the Tazer but you have to be careful and really know what you are doing otherwise you can mess up your vehicle. I have been in the I.T. field for over 25 years and this isn't the first vehicle I have programmed but it ALFAOBD software give you better control of programming your vehicle. If you have a 2018 and up, Mopar put a lockout on the OBDII port so you could only use approved Mopar scanners, but you can by a bypass module and plug it in and use that giving you a second unlocked OBDII port.

http://www.alfaobd.com

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Blue...+&qid=1560511855&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

https://zautomotive.com/product/double-bypass (Call them for the correct one for your model)

Just giving you another option.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Instead of the Tazer which I considered, I went ith an OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth and the ALFAOBD software. It's lets you program the Body Control Module better than the Tazer but you have to be careful and really know what you are doing otherwise you can mess up your vehicle. I have been in the I.T. field for over 25 years and this isn't the first vehicle I have programmed but it ALFAOBD software give you better control of programming your vehicle. If you have a 2018 and up, Mopar put a lockout on the OBDII port so you could only use approved Mopar scanners, but you can by a bypass module and plug it in and use that giving you a second unlocked OBDII port.

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional-Grade-Diagnostic-Performance/dp/B07JFRFJG6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=obdlink+MX+&qid=1560511855&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

https://zautomotive.com/product/double-bypass (Call them for the correct one for your model)

Does this mean that on 2018 and up JLs can only be scanned by FCA dealers? How does this square with the Magnuson Moss Act if only FCA can read and diagnose warranty issues ?
Thanks...

Sponsored

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I have an OBDlink, and it works just fine on my JL without a bypass for scanning and clearing codes. Now, I am not using it for programming.

danny01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Bluetooth-Professional-Grade-Diagnostic-Performance/dp/B07JFRFJG6/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=obdlink+MX+&qid=1560511855&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

How did you get the AlfaOBD tool to work with your JL? I recently emailed them and they said they were "in search of the car data" for the JL and there was no support for it yet. Is there a new update for it?

Mr.Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X
I have the mini. Set mine at 25psi and run them at 30psi No issuses and no alarms
Try unmarrying it then remarrying. I had issue with tire size not wanting to take and this fixed the issue. I dont reboot after making change either. Are you suppose to?

Jl guy

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jlu Sahara
I have a 2018 jeep jlu Sahara and I had problems with my taser jl. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. I bought a tazer jl lite and installed it in my Jeep. I followed all the steps in the instructions but what I didn’t know was that the tazer was married to another vehicle before mine. When I was going through the menus I accidentally pushed full reboot and I got a service 4wd light, service electric stability control, and a abs malfunction. I took out my tazer and used a scan tool to find the code implausible data from wheel speed sensor. I sent my tazer jl to z-automotive got it back properly married it and no luck. I tried everything. I’m just confused on why this happened to my jl. Was there a problem before that wasn’t recognized by the security gateway module or did the tazer jl cause a fault in the computer. I had tried to clear these codes but they are hard codes that wouldn’t clear. I took it to my dealer and they said it was a wheel speed sensor. I know some people have had problems with their wheelspeed sensors but it seems pretty ironic that the peedsensor went bad when I rebooted the jl system. Anyissues like this?

EBF28514-45A9-416C-8689-5FBB83DA55BC.jpeg

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I took it to my dealer and they said it was a wheel speed sensor.
If a wheel speed sensor is bad, it will throw a code. Did they read the codes?

Sponsored

Jl guy

First Name
Hayden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jlu Sahara
Update from my previous post. I took my Jeep to the dealer and it turns out a wire was shorted out and corroded and bonded to the frame. The dealer said it’s just the way some of the Jeeps were wired. If you get any codes make sure they check for shorted out wires!!

terruta

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler High Altitude
I have the mini. Set mine at 25psi and run them at 30psi No issuses and no alarms
Try unmarrying it then remarrying. I had issue with tire size not wanting to take and this fixed the issue. I dont reboot after making change either. Are you suppose to?
Hey there. I'm having serious issue reaching for the plugs and pulling them off.. Did you have the same issue installing the when installing the mini?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there. I'm having serious issue reaching for the plugs and pulling them off.. Did you have the same issue installing the when installing the mini?
Once you do it a few times of putting it in and put it gets easier..
Sponsored