Sponsored

Tazer JL vs Mini

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I saw 3 listings for a tazer. a tazer, a tazer lite and a tazer mini . Whats the difference? Are the lite and the mini the same thing?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I saw 3 listings for a tazer. a tazer, a tazer lite and a tazer mini . Whats the difference? Are the lite and the mini the same thing?
Tazer is two pieces - a bypass module for the secure gateway and then the actual programmer that plugs into your OBDII port

Mini and lite are the same hardware - programmer is built into bypass module keeping OBDII free. Lite has some features disabled, but can be upgraded by paying for an unlock code.

I have the original two piece and like it. I can unplug it, easily. Mini seems like more work to disable on-the-fly as it requires unplugging secure gateway wires.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
All I care about is changing the TPM light to not come on at 31 and change it to about 25 so I can run 28 psi in my 37 13.50 17 cooper stt pros.I am running 32 now and it's a not a bad ride but the light keeps coming on when it gets cool outside and it drops to 31 the light will come on. And i did a caulk test and its not touching the caulk on the ground on the inside and outside of the tire so its not going to wear right. So i need to drop it to about 28 psi i was told since it's a 10 ply tire. And other thing i want turned off is the start stop button. Everytime i come to a stop i hate it turning off the motor that can't be good for the starter. is everyone else happy with theirs and i did see the light show looks cool.and i wouldn't mind having the hood alarm but thats on the mini.Anyone use the hood alarm does it make the horn sound if you open the hood when its armed ?

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
All I care about is changing the TPM light to not come on at 31 and change it to about 25 so I can run 28 psi in my 37 13.50 17 cooper stt pros.I am running 32 now and it's a not a bad ride but the light keeps coming on when it gets cool outside and it drops to 31 the light will come on. And i did a caulk test and its not touching the caulk on the ground on the inside and outside of the tire so its not going to wear right. So i need to drop it to about 28 psi i was told since it's a 10 ply tire. And other thing i want turned off is the start stop button. Everytime i come to a stop i hate it turning off the motor that can't be good for the starter. is everyone else happy with theirs and i did see the light show looks cool.and i wouldn't mind having the hood alarm but thats on the mini.Anyone use the hood alarm does it make the horn sound if you open the hood when its armed ?
upload_2019-10-22_7-38-30.jpeg

The answer to you questions is yes. TPMS, ESS and alarm work as advertised.

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
After changing your tire size & TPMS can the Tazer be completely removed without loosing the new settings?

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
After changing your tire size & TPMS can the Tazer be completely removed without loosing the new settings?
The Tazer has ‘vehicle settings’ (these include tire size and the TPMS threshold) which stay as you’ve set them if you remove the Tazer.... and ‘live settings’ (stuff like winch mode and turn cam) which require the Tazer to be married to the Jeep.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The Tazer has ‘vehicle settings’ (these include tire size and the TPMS threshold) which stay as you’ve set them if you remove the Tazer.... and ‘live settings’ (stuff like winch mode and turn cam) which require the Tazer to be married to the Jeep.
But if you unplug the taser it doesn't automatically unmarry it does it ? I thought you actually have to go in there while it's plugged in and unmarry it while it's still plugged in

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
But if you unplug the taser it doesn't automatically unmarry it does it ? I thought you actually have to go in there while it's plugged in and unmarry it while it's still plugged in
Yes but I’m assuming anybody doing this will read the instructions

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes but I’m assuming anybody doing this will read the instructions
Yes but considering they don't come with instructions and you have to go online anytime you have a question to look at the instructions maybe they might not

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Yes but considering they don't come with instructions and you have to go online anytime you have a question to look at the instructions maybe they might not
This is a rather futile discussion. Are you suggesting that they would have been able to install and use the Tazer without access to the instructions?

Mechanick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Hey guys quick question, so i am thinking of getting a JL mini for my jeep as i recently upgraded to 35s and figured its better to have this vs have the dealer flash my jeep. I have a couple questions.

1. Each time you take it into service or dealer work do you guys un marry and remove?
2. When you unmarry and then plug back in do you have to reprogram everything?

Thank you in advance for the insights!
Newbie here so much appreciated.
Sponsored