Sponsored

Tazer JL Mini and Memory

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I've had the tazer mini installed in my 18 JLUR for a few years now and generally have zero issues with it. The feature I cared about most is disabling the ESS function. Over the years my jeep randomly forgets the setting and I have to hit the button to turn it off when I start the jeep. Is that normal?

I'm not that concerned regarding the ESS issue but I'm going to be installing 37" tires soon and I plan to use the tazer to set the tire size. I want to be sure it's not going to randomly "forget" my tire setting and screw my odometer up.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I've had the tazer mini installed in my 18 JLUR for a few years now and generally have zero issues with it. The feature I cared about most is disabling the ESS function. Over the years my jeep randomly forgets the setting and I have to hit the button to turn it off when I start the jeep. Is that normal?

I'm not that concerned regarding the ESS issue but I'm going to be installing 37" tires soon and I plan to use the tazer to set the tire size. I want to be sure it's not going to randomly "forget" my tire setting and screw my odometer up.
Have you ever updated the firmware? ESS memory works perfectly in recent builds. (Latest is 11.2.8)

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I want to be sure it's not going to randomly "forget" my tire setting and screw my odometer up.
Just an FYI. Once the vehicle is updated with the correct tire size, it is set within the vehicle’s computer. The Tazer is no longer in play at that point, unless you change tire sizes again. This is why you can remove the Tazer if you want to.

Unmarrying the Tazer reverts everything back to pre-Tazer settings, so your tire size will go back to stock at that point.

OP
OP
safety_glasses

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just an FYI. Once the vehicle is updated with the correct tire size, it is set within the vehicle’s computer. The Tazer is no longer in play at that point, unless you change tire sizes again. This is why you can remove the Tazer if you want to.

Unmarrying the Tazer reverts everything back to pre-Tazer settings, so your tire size will go back to stock at that point.
Did not know that, thanks!
Sponsored