ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Hoping someone can assist? Joe or Rhinebeck01

I did the latest update 11.0.8(which reads 11.1 on app) and now missing start/stop kill feature along with trac kill.

my menus are as follows:

Off in run

-Light Show
-Clear CELs
-Unmarry
-Perf
-TPMS
-Radio
-Lighting
-Off Road
-Other
-Full Reboot

Running/in motion
-Light Show
-In Motion
-Turn Cam
-Dark Mode
-Video
- 0-30
- 0-60

I un-married from 11.0.6 and then updated straight to 11.0.8 with 2 reboots

thank you
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Hoping someone can assist? Joe or Rhinebeck01

I did the latest update 11.0.8(which reads 11.1 on app) and now missing start/stop kill feature along with trac kill.

my menus are as follows:

Off in run

-Light Show
-Clear CELs
-Unmarry
-Perf
-TPMS
-Radio
-Lighting
-Off Road
-Other
-Full Reboot

Running/in motion
-Light Show
-In Motion
-Turn Cam
-Dark Mode
-Video
- 0-30
- 0-60

I un-married from 11.0.6 and then updated straight to 11.0.8 with 2 reboots

thank you
Those features were changed. They now emulate the Smart Stop Start algorithm and just remember their last state. So if you hit the ESS disable button, the Tazer will remember that until/unless you change it. Ditto for traction control. In practice, it was a bit buggy for me. 11.0.8, in general, was buggy for me and I went back to 11.0.6.

OP
OP
ItsUhJEEP

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Those features were changed. They now emulate the Smart Stop Start algorithm and just remember their last state. So if you hit the ESS disable button, the Tazer will remember that until/unless you change it. Ditto for traction control. In practice, it was a bit buggy for me. 11.0.8, in general, was buggy for me and I went back to 11.0.6.
Thank you! I guess I may have gotten a bit impatient.

I really enjoy the ZAuto product over my previous JK tuners(pro cal and Super Chips) mostly because of just this! Fellow users and support from developer.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@ItsUhJEEP

As mentioned both disable ESS and Track Kill are non menu items. They are features that are just there automatically, lets say after you marry a Tazer JL Mini with firmware 11.0.8.

Unfortunately, ESS disable with 11.0.8 , has a tendency to hiccup intermittently... Joe needs to do some work on that feature. Hopefully, in the next firmware release ESS disable will be more reliable.... not hiccup.

Was at Disney World riding "Flight of Passage" (Avatar) yesterday... so that is why I did not see your post til now.

WOW, is Flight of Passage an unbelievable ride. I been on it 3 times so far.... Unbelievable ride! Also, unbelievable I had to wait no more then 15 mins.each time to get on it. Normal wait time is say 2 hrs.... 8-(

OP
OP
ItsUhJEEP

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
@ItsUhJEEP

Unfortunately, ESS disable with 11.0.8 , has a tendency to hiccup intermittently... Joe needs to do some work on that feature. Hopefully, in the next firmware release ESS disable will be more reliable.... not hiccup.

Was at Disney World riding "Flight of Passage" (Avatar) yesterday... so that is why I did not see your post til now.

WOW, is Flight of Passage an unbelievable ride. I been on it 3 times so far.... Unbelievable ride! Also, unbelievable I had to wait no more then 15 mins.each time to get on it. Normal wait time is say 2 hrs.... 8-(
Thanks for the reply and wait, you have a life outside of this forum :LOL:

Sounds rad and unbelievable that you had very little wait. I've dreaded going back to the parks because there are so many rides that you cannot feasible do in one day.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ItsUhJEEP

Got to Animal Kingdom really early, all 3 times. Was at the front of the line at rope drops in the morning... That ride is like nothing you have ever experienced in your life. I have experienced lots over the years and this ride is WOW.. it takes the cake so to speak.

Thanks to Florida resident ID, admit prices were a bit better but still $328.16 for 3 day with Park Hopper. There is almost a science lets say to doing WDW. I haven't mastered it yet but I have got a good handle on it lets say. I go a few times a year and have been doing so since WDW opened in the 70's.

As for ESS disable.... I do have a Tazer JL Mini with 11.08 married to my JL but I do not keep the hardware plugged in, so no ESS disable with that.

I use a SmartStopStart, unit for ESS disable... it works absolutely flawlessly.

I also have a Pedal Commander installed. All 3 play well together.

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
eCommerce Developer
Vehicle Showcase
11.1.0 update is useless. I can't turn on the jeep. I had to return to 11.0.8 but its buggy :/

upload_2019-4-30_0-30-17.png

upload_2019-4-30_0-29-7.png

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11.1.0 update is useless. I can't turn on the jeep. I had to return to 11.0.8 but its buggy :/

upload_2019-4-30_0-30-17.png

upload_2019-4-30_0-29-7.png
I suggest 11.0.6. It’s rock solid, with the exception of turn signal cam (which I don’t use, anyway). 11.0.8 was buggy for me. 11.1 looks like a dev build, and is probably not meant for customer use.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Sierra

Suggest anyone that is having issues with firmware 11.0.8, 11.0.9,11.1.0 contact Joe, asap, and tell him.

Joe emailed me last yesterday and said.... "What’s the issue with 11.0.8? I have shipped many, and haven’t been having any issues."

Many here have reported issues with the ESS and Turncam feature

Seems Joe, is unaware of the issues that forum member's are reporting here.
--------------------------------------

Here is my email reply from Joe, that I received yesterday 4/30/19:

"I did change 11.0.8 to 11.0.9 (not released) but we ship 11.0.9 – only difference is a hook for customer support.

Then 11.1.0 was released a week or two ago, minor change – added support for aftermarket front fender LED lights on LED equipped Jeeps.

What’s the issue with 11.0.8? I have shipped many, and haven’t been having any issues."

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Sierra

Suggest anyone that is having issues with firmware 11.0.8, 11.0.9,11.1.0 contact Joe, asap, and tell him.

Joe emailed me last yesterday and said.... "What’s the issue with 11.0.8? I have shipped many, and haven’t been having any issues."

Many here have reported issues with the ESS and Turncam feature

Seems Joe, is unaware of the issues that forum member's are reporting here.
--------------------------------------

Here is my email reply from Joe, that I received yesterday 4/30/19:

"I did change 11.0.8 to 11.0.9 (not released) but we ship 11.0.9 – only difference is a hook for customer support.

Then 11.1.0 was released a week or two ago, minor change – added support for aftermarket front fender LED lights on LED equipped Jeeps.

What’s the issue with 11.0.8? I have shipped many, and haven’t been having any issues."

As I replied to the forum and directly to Joe when 11.0.8 was released, it hangs when trying to disable fog drop with 100% reproducibility on my Jeep. I don’t recall who, but someone else replied that they experience the same. Maybe it was @WranglerMan? I have to unplug the Tazer to get unstuck and can’t toggle that setting in 11.0.8.

Besides that, upon my initial marrying of 11.0.8 my EVIC went haywire - ABS codes etc. (Detailed in the 11.0.8 thread.) Others reported the same. Solved when I unmarried and tried again.

Anyway, yeah, to me it’s buggy. I run 11.0.6 (married but unplugged) plus a Smart Start Stop unit for ESS.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I replied to the forum and directly to Joe when 11.0.8 was released, it hangs when trying to disable fog drop with 100% reproducibility on my Jeep. I don’t recall who, but someone else replied that they experience the same. Maybe it was @WranglerMan? I have to unplug the Tazer to get unstuck and can’t toggle that setting in 11.0.8.

Besides that, upon my initial marrying of 11.0.8 my EVIC went haywire - ABS codes etc. (Detailed in the 11.0.8 thread.) Others reported the same. Solved when I unmarried and tried again.

Anyway, yeah, to me it’s buggy. I run 11.0.6 (married but unplugged) plus a Smart Start Stop unit for ESS.

@OldGuyNewJeep

I can see / understand why you stay with 11.0.6. You had issues with 11.0.8 so ....

I have am running 11.0.8 and do not see the fog drop issue that you saw. Only issues I have seen, is ESS was hiccuping and so was TurnCam.
With that said I have stayed with 11.0.8 and do bot use those features.

Anymore, I hate saying use a particular firmware. I do believe though, it is best to use the most current firmware unless you run it and have issues and feel it is best to run older firmware. With that said, right now, I recommend 11.0.8 . The proper reboot procedure is paramount if you use 11.0.8.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been using 11.06 and have no immediate plans on going up in firmware as I have had zero issues, I do plan to unmarry and remove the Tazer and SSS module and I may after getting my oil changed just put the SSS module in and run without the Tazer as I’m currently only using it for tire size and tpms limits, the tire size only affects my speedo and I know how far it’s off not using it and the tpms is not really an issue either

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been using 11.06 and have no immediate plans on going up in firmware as I have had zero issues, I do plan to unmarry and remove the Tazer and SSS module and I may after getting my oil changed just put the SSS module in and run without the Tazer as I’m currently only using it for tire size and tpms limits, the tire size only affects my speedo and I know how far it’s off not using it and the tpms is not really an issue either
@WranglerMan

Do you have a manual shift JL?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@WranglerMan

Do you have a manual shift JL?
No sir I have the AT and if it’s in regard to the shift points being off yes they will be off for the first couple hundred miles then then ECU will relearn, I ran without it before for about a month or so when I was doing some voltage checks for parasitic draw issues with the Tazer and other than the speedo being off at higher speeds it was not an issue. I’m sure the odometer will also be slightly off running the 315’s but in the scheme of things I would think if you put larger tires on and just changed the speedo with a Tazer and don’t upgrade gears there would still be an issue but then I remember off roading in my IH Scout and back then we just tossed on mudders and put on heavier drive shafts and u-joints and went down the road

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZAutomotive has updated their firmware page at their website. Would behoove all to take a moment and read there so you have an idea what is going on firmware wise: I have a better clue now... 8-)
https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/
Sponsored