Tan Soft Tops

JEEPIAN

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2DR
I've always thought that a black Jeep with a tan top is a good look. I also like white with tan and red with tan although, I'm not sure about the current red (firecracker). I think it needs to be a deeper shade.
Yeah I think the tan top works best when the fenders are matching color. That red with black fenders and a tan top don't match for my taste.
Sponsored

caseyleighcarver

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Here are a few pics including the interior...and now lifted haha pardon the SoCal grime. She'll get a bath and photoshoot in the near future.

My only negative to the tan interior is the black back. I really wish the seats were entirely tan. They also get dirty quick but a little soap and water clean them right up. Even used a little WD40 to get beach tar off them.

View attachment 197244

View attachment 197245

IMG_9780.jpg

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9794.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg
Omg woww I love! Thanks so much for sharing... headed to the dealership next week :)

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Here are a few pics including the interior...and now lifted haha pardon the SoCal grime. She'll get a bath and photoshoot in the near future.

My only negative to the tan interior is the black back. I really wish the seats were entirely tan. They also get dirty quick but a little soap and water clean them right up. Even used a little WD40 to get beach tar off them.

View attachment 197244

View attachment 197245

IMG_9780.jpg

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9794.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg
@JEEPIAN

This may be my favorite JL I’ve seen on these forums (aside from mine).

It’s an absolutely perfect combination of design choices. Tan top/interior with black paint and all badges deleted except JEEP: excellent. General Grabbers with OWL: perfect. Chrome rims with the circles: brilliant. All these work together to create a look that’s straight out of 1989. This reminds me of my old YJ, my friend’s old YJ, my other friend’s TJ, and numerous classic Jeeps I’ve encountered over the years. Love it!

Sponsored

FiveMagics

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta (Used to have an ‘03 TJ, awaiting opportunity to get a JL)

View attachment 197244

View attachment 197245

IMG_9780.jpg

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9794.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg
That’s the perfect combo for a black Jeep! Reminds me of the Golden Eagle

JEEPIAN

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2DR
@JEEPIAN

This may be my favorite JL I’ve seen on these forums (aside from mine).

It’s an absolutely perfect combination of design choices. Tan top/interior with black paint and all badges deleted except JEEP: excellent. General Grabbers with OWL: perfect. Chrome rims with the circles: brilliant. All these work together to create a look that’s straight out of 1989. This reminds me of my old YJ, my friend’s old YJ, my other friend’s TJ, and numerous classic Jeeps I’ve encountered over the years. Love it!
Thx man. That late 80s/early 90s look is dead on what I'm going for.

FiveMagics

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

View attachment 197244

View attachment 197245

IMG_9780.jpg

IMG_9799.jpg

IMG_9794.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9795.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg
Black Hood decals that say “Wrangler” trimmed in tan or gold would complete the classic look:rock::involve:

JEEPIAN

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2DR
Black Hood decals that say “Wrangler” trimmed in tan or gold would complete the classic look:rock::involve:
Brilliant. I'm actually going to look into that...kinda mad I didn't think of it earlier haha

FiveMagics

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brilliant. I'm actually going to look into that...kinda mad I didn't think of it earlier haha
Ok if you do it, post pics so I can be even more jealous than I already am. :like:

Sponsored

Oto JLR

First Name
Oto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 door
Anyone has mopar tan soft top part number for JL 2 door please?

rammusic11289

First Name
Renée
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler sport s - 2 door
Hey y’all I have a question. This one is for the tan soft top people. My jeep has the vinyl top which it came with for free (black soft top). When I was at the dealership they made such a big deal out of not being able to make me a soft top in tan; altho they can do that for 4 doors. Jeep use to be cool but like everything else they’re losing their authenticity to $$$. Anyway I saw I can finally get a tan top and windows in tan after waiting months (from companies other than Jeep). I did copy the photo of the Jeep with the tan top so you can compare! By the way they have completely got rid of all soft tops in 2024!!! Insane right?!? Softs are so much better than hard (if you’re in the right climate)

I can’t decide if the tan will be worth it. I think vinyl looks better than the premium soft top here is why: overtime the twil absolutely sinks lower into the vehicle and def looks worse. Black twil also doesn’t look right on a wrangler to my eyes.That material looks like it should be on a convertible.. but the vinyl looks correct. Tan only comes in twil and not vinyl. I saw 2 diff people say that they had tan and would only go black going forward due to leaves and rain causing hard to get out mold. I think about mudding etc. part of me thinks the people complaining about keeping a tan soft top clean are lazy. But I’m not sure! As a kid I always thought the sarge and tan combo was the best. I got my interior beige!
To switch the fabric from vinyl to twill (black to tan) will cost me about $4k

if anyone has real advice on the tan soft top I’ll take it! I’m torn and now starting to think maybe vinyl is the best…

FBFB5B89-A290-41EB-9ED6-6ABC4B218470.jpeg

D1FBD630-8205-4894-A2DE-764A9DEB2010.jpeg

Matt Y

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon w/ SOT
Black tops are boring. I was lucky to find my 2020 with a tan soft top. It’s a special edition called Black and Tan. Guess what, the seats are tan too!

Anyway, I don’t have many good pics of the top because it’s often down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tan Soft Tops 71829699380__B1901EBC-9B90-4B8F-8DC2-4C911C37A7E9_Original

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Hey y’all I have a question. This one is for the tan soft top people. My jeep has the vinyl top which it came with for free (black soft top). When I was at the dealership they made such a big deal out of not being able to make me a soft top in tan; altho they can do that for 4 doors. Jeep use to be cool but like everything else they’re losing their authenticity to $$$. Anyway I saw I can finally get a tan top and windows in tan after waiting months (from companies other than Jeep). I did copy the photo of the Jeep with the tan top so you can compare! By the way they have completely got rid of all soft tops in 2024!!! Insane right?!? Softs are so much better than hard (if you’re in the right climate)

I can’t decide if the tan will be worth it. I think vinyl looks better than the premium soft top here is why: overtime the twil absolutely sinks lower into the vehicle and def looks worse. Black twil also doesn’t look right on a wrangler to my eyes.That material looks like it should be on a convertible.. but the vinyl looks correct. Tan only comes in twil and not vinyl. I saw 2 diff people say that they had tan and would only go black going forward due to leaves and rain causing hard to get out mold. I think about mudding etc. part of me thinks the people complaining about keeping a tan soft top clean are lazy. But I’m not sure! As a kid I always thought the sarge and tan combo was the best. I got my interior beige!
To switch the fabric from vinyl to twill (black to tan) will cost me about $4k

if anyone has real advice on the tan soft top I’ll take it! I’m torn and now starting to think maybe vinyl is the best…

Jeep Wrangler JL Tan Soft Tops 71829699380__B1901EBC-9B90-4B8F-8DC2-4C911C37A7E9_Original

Bestop and Jeep don't make the tan soft top for the JL anymore. 2 doors or 4 doors.
If you can find a way to source one, definitely go for it.

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
Love my tan soft top. Got a new in the box OEM one off of a forum member last winter. So they are out there (at least for a four door). Not sure when they stopped making the two door version.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tan Soft Tops IMG_2172
Sponsored