Sponsored

Tan Premium Soft top

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
are you kidding me? UGH:angry::angry::angry::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Better aska jeep guy!!!!

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
You have got to be kidding me!

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Crap crap crap . I was all set to order a whtie jeep with tan interior and tan soft top> Now it will have to be a black soft top and I am starting to re-think the white. Maybe I'll go with sting gray. Is it avalible to order yet?

giangvann

First Name
Giang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door Sahara Anvil Soft Top
Haha. This changes a lot doesn't it?? No more tan seats for me. I'll have to rethink color as well. Sting gray sounds cool. Maybe I'll just wait until 2019 MY comes around...

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I am thinking my build is going to be stink grey black soft top tan leather interior looks pretty cool on the build site.

bmdjeep3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I was thinking white with a tan top amd tan cloth as well. FYI, my dealer had a tan cloth JLU and we parked next to a tan top JK Oscar Mike. Different tans. The seats are more yellow than the top. The JK tan top is similar, atleast to my memory, in color to a tan TJ top. So im thinking the tan JL top will be a similar color if not the same as the JK top

OP
OP
Laststand

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC
Yeah, saw it yesterday when I went to check on some pricing. Latest is the tan top won't be available for order until 2 April according the Jeep Cares reps. Frustrating since this is the only option holding up my ordering the new Jeep.

OP
OP
Laststand

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Interesting - happened checking my Navy Federal account this AM and noticed they have a car buying service. Pricing wasn't as good as the affiliate program but you could build a Wrangler and it would give you invoice pricing. It still had the Premium Tan Soft Top as an option which I checked - what was interesting is it automatically added the 2.0L engine option which indicates the tan top is only available with that engine as mentioned earlier in this thread. Sent a post to Jeep Cares to see if they can confirm this - 2.0L is not my engine of choice but at least it is only a $890 bump (more worried about reliability/expense than cost).

My next thought is will/can my local Jeep dealer order the tan top separately and just replace the black top when it comes in?

555Redhorse

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Rogue, 2015 Ford Mustang
I would love to know the correlation between engine type and hard top/soft top colors. Makes zero sense that they have a tan top available but only for a certain engine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Laststand

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired USMC
Agree, this makes zero sense but then again common sense can be in short supply sometimes. Anyway, happened to be at my local dealer today checking out a Rubicon they got in. Salesperson said they should have no problem ordering the Premium Tan Soft Top as a standalone part order when it is available. My work around, if ordering it on a build requires the 2.0L, will be to place the order with a standard top and then go to the parts department and order the tan soft top.

enright

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Miata
Just wanted to follow up on this and see if there was any clarity on the tan top option.

- Apparently Jeep Cares stated it would be available to order on April 2nd - yesterday. Is it?
- People have commented that it was removed from the configurator on jeep.com. I just checked and it's currently listed as an option. If it was ever removed, it's back.
- Someone mentioned that the tan top option would require the 2.0L engine (which would be insane) - however, the on-line configurator doesn't require it. Any truth to this dependency?

Thanks for any info!

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know it went away for a while but has been back for a few weeks on the jeep.com builder.

I went to a dealer on Saturday - March 31 - No luck - they still said late availability.

Pawpaw#1

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 CRV & Accord
I gave up on the tan top and ordered dual tops with black soft top nine weeks ago. Still waiting..... I still hope to get a tan top some time ( I ordered granite with tan seats and I think the tan top would look good.)

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9 weeks? Jeez!
Sponsored