Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
Just went on the builder to see if duel top was offered yet and found that they do offer the tan top now. First time I'd noticed it on there. I also see a tub liner on there now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the tan soft top is only available with the 2.0L and the auto transmission. Too bad.

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
It's a little-known fact that naturally-aspirated engines don't like tan fabric.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Or, more realistically, never ever trust the accuracy of the online configurator.
This. Check with your dealer if you really want to know if it is available.

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
This. Check with your dealer if you really want to know if it is available.
I agree, check with your dealer. My order is for a 2018 Rubicon in Punkn' with the Tan Premium Soft Top. I ordered the 3.6 V6 standard engine and the order was accepted. Granted, I first ordered or tried to order I should say, my Rubicon on February 10th but the Tan Premium Soft Top wasn't available to order until April 11th. As of today, I am still waiting and my dealer says my Jeep most likely won't get scheduled until August. But at no point was the mention of requiring the turbo 2.0 ever mentioned. I uploaded a pic of my 2018 build so you can see how nice the Tan top looks.
zPat's 2018 Jeep Rubicon - Copy (2).jpg

oscarmike

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Red Moab
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Payrick

Any update on your build with the premium tan top?

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
Hey Payrick

No, nothing yet. My salesman says should be early August. I'm to the point where my excitement bubble has burst and am really thinking about shit canning the whole thing. In another month the 2019s will be available to order. I'm thinking of the immediate depreciation hit I would be taking on a one model year old vehicle as soon as I drive it off the lot.

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
Hey Payrick

I have to write this and voice my frustrations about the 2018 Wrangler. I started talking to my Jeep dealer way back in February about ordering a new 2018 Jeep Rubicon 2 door in Punkn' with the tan leather and tan Premium Soft Top. The color and the soft top were not available to order until April 11th but I patiently waited and finally was able to submit the order April 11th. Well, would you believe it (but I know many others are in the same boat) but here it is August 4th and there is still no change in my order from it's original 'C' status! I mean, I'm a reasonable guy and endured the forever wait but now, after six months of waiting and the 2019s are almost available to order, I'm very close to shit canning my fake deal. I'll probably lose my $500 deposit which would be a real rip off to me, after this BS wait. Add to everything, reading all of the writes about goofy steering issues, speedometers that read inaccurate speed when you are sitting still, etc., I really have my concern that I will end up with a Jeep that lives in the Jeep Service Department. Don't blame me, blame Jeep for the poor management of the roll out of the new Jeep. I'm just a customer, who in good faith, simply wanted to order the vehicle. I have a pristine 2013 10A Rubicon with only 17,400 miles on it and have had no issues at all with it. Is a fold down windshield and new instrument panel worth the risk? I know about all the other improvements here and there but again, do I want a Jeep that I would be sorry I bought? Add to that, I just read about the 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye with 797 unreal horsepower and am now thinking about ordering that car. Yes it is more money but I have it and the Jeep deal has really soured my outlook.

Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I just placed my 2018 Rubicon 2 door Mojito fully loaded tan leather and got LED but no tan soft top so changed to Freedom hard top painted in Mojito and will get tan in spring time. Will just take off hard top in fall and drive with sun shade.

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
I have to write this and voice my frustrations about the 2018 Wrangler. I started talking to my Jeep dealer way back in February about ordering a new 2018 Jeep Rubicon 2 door in Punkn' with the tan leather and tan Premium Soft Top. The color and the soft top were not available to order until April 11th but I patiently waited and finally was able to submit the order April 11th. Well, would you believe it (but I know many others are in the same boat) but here it is August 4th and there is still no change in my order from it's original 'C' status! I mean, I'm a reasonable guy and endured the forever wait but now, after six months of waiting and the 2019s are almost available to order, I'm very close to shit canning my fake deal. I'll probably lose my $500 deposit which would be a real rip off to me, after this BS wait. Add to everything, reading all of the writes about goofy steering issues, speedometers that read inaccurate speed when you are sitting still, etc., I really have my concern that I will end up with a Jeep that lives in the Jeep Service Department. Don't blame me, blame Jeep for the poor management of the roll out of the new Jeep. I'm just a customer, who in good faith, simply wanted to order the vehicle. I have a pristine 2013 10A Rubicon with only 17,400 miles on it and have had no issues at all with it. Is a fold down windshield and new instrument panel worth the risk? I know about all the other improvements here and there but again, do I want a Jeep that I would be sorry I bought? Add to that, I just read about the 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye with 797 unreal horsepower and am now thinking about ordering that car. Yes it is more money but I have it and the Jeep deal has really soured my outlook.
Just was informed by my salesman that my Jeep was finally scheduled for build on August 17th and today I was told it is finished and in transit to the dealer.

PatrickKiser

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Butt Scratcher
My Jeep has been built and is waiting for me! Finally! I ordered it on April 11th and because of availability delays, first was the Punkn' color, then the Cargo Management System, and finally the Tan Premium Soft Top, it took four months to build. I think it looks great. Waiting for the Tan Premium Soft Top was worth it, it looks so much better than the black soft top. I'm going to be moving to Tucson soon and this color combination works so much better in the intense sun that Arizona gets.

zzzzzMy 2018 Jeep Rubicon.jpg

zzzzMy 2018 Jeep Rubicon (2).jpg

2thman

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HONDA, MAZDA, BMW
My Jeep has been built and is waiting for me! Finally! I ordered it on April 11th and because of availability delays, first was the Punkn' color, then the Cargo Management System, and finally the Tan Premium Soft Top, it took four months to build. I think it looks great. Waiting for the Tan Premium Soft Top was worth it, it looks so much better than the black soft top. I'm going to be moving to Tucson soon and this color combination works so much better in the intense sun that Arizona gets.

zzzzzMy 2018 Jeep Rubicon.jpg

zzzzMy 2018 Jeep Rubicon (2).jpg
All the dealers here keep claiming the tan top cannot be ordered. ????????

Moomoo

First Name
Ashlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 chevy traverse, 2018 wrangler unlimited JL Sahara
All the dealers here keep claiming the tan top cannot be ordered. ????????
There was a point in time where it could, then couldn’t, the could etc. it was a waiting game. Some people got in and as you can tell and we’re allocated tan tops. Other people were called, through the dealer, and made aware that they had to change their tops from tan to black on their orders.
Sponsored